PDA

View Full Version : Loretta Lynns Ride - October 25 - 27

400exdad
09-13-2002, 09:50 PM
i know EX already has a ride planned on Oct 18 to LBL, but I want to invite you guys to a ride that is sponsored by the Volunteer State Trailriders Association (VSTA) (www.vtsarider.com) on October 25th thru the 28th. Its probably the best ride of the year for my son and I and this is our 4th year.... wow time flys! VSTA is working hard to get some trails open and funded in Tennessee.

Anyway, its mostly all the same trails the GNCC uses and it is a blast. You ride your own pace and we 4 wheelers can show some dirt bikes how fast we can go. :) You can camp (with and without electricity) on site, they have cabins too and there are some hotels in Hurricane Mills, about 10 miles up the road at the I-40 junction. Theres also a little store on site and they sell burgers and stuff for lunch, and I think they serve up some breakfast too.

You have to join VSTA to ride - $15 per family and I think a $20 or $30 to ride for 3 days. On Saturday theres a dinner, usually pretty good and you can come eat (pay for it) or you can be on your own. Last year, Scott Campbell (dirt bike off road champion) was there and spoke. There's an auction at dinner, a poker run (for $) and some field events where you can earn plaques. Its all good fun and some friendly races usually take place.

Its best to get up there on Thursday night so you can attend the first riders meeting on Friday morning so you can ride ALL DAY on Friday :) with a little less traffic.

Striker49
09-14-2002, 01:52 PM
Do you think you can make it for the LBL ride? I know you mentioned coming to the one back in April but plans came up or somin....cant remember.

400exdad
09-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey Striker! I was hoping to get to come in April and didn't get to. Can't remember what happened. Anyway, I don't think I can make both rides. :( I've already turned down a trip to Hatfield McCoy Oct 9 - 13th because of this ride at Loretta Lynns. My son loves the Loretta Lynns ride, its fun, challenging and we can run our own pace... Geez, he was fast today! Maybe I can make the next one. :) You guys have fun!

400exdad
10-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Bump... The ride is this weekend and is also "Demo Days" from the Quad Shop. Come ride the GNCC!