PDA

View Full Version : Sign of the times

AtvMxRider
11-24-2006, 06:14 PM
A SIGN OF OUR TIMES

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1973 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1973 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students constantly.

1973 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car while doing something he wasnt supposed to be doing, and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1973 - Billy is more careful next time, follows the rules, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1973 - Mark shares headache medicine with teacher.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Mary turns up pregnant.

1973 - 5 High School Boys leave town. Mary finishes her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2006 - Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next state over and gets an abortion without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary given condoms and told to be more careful next time.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1973: Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006: Pedro's cause is taken up by state Democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway, but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1973 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1973 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

Scenario: Kids in school tease little Mikey for wearing weird pants.

1973 - Little Mikey tattles, teachers tells students to stop teasing little Mikey.

2006 - Little Mikey goes home and tattles to parents, parents contact school and an attorney, school is sued for allowing cruel and unusual treatment of a minor, liberal court finds for the plaintiff, school is fined, teacher is fired, news media turns the story into a national school abuse crisis, little Mikey goes into counseling.

Mxjunkie
11-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Very very true.. it's a shame. I wish I could go back into the 60's-70's :p

mx428
11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Very very true.. it's a shame. I wish I could go back into the 60's-70's :p You're just in it for the weed:blah:

Mxjunkie
11-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Woodstock lmfao :bandit:

Rich250RRacer
11-24-2006, 07:07 PM
This world we live in now is so F***ed up. Every one of those is dead-on.

derekhonda
11-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Did you guys hear about that 7 year old girl who swallowed a polly pocket? Her family is getting tons of money from mattel because of it. At 2 years old...yeah reasonable, 3...probably....4.....doubtful.

I think kids are just that much more retarded these days, they ought to make retard insurance. Like ron white says, you can't fix stupid.

wvspeedfreak
11-24-2006, 07:29 PM
All very true.It's a f'ed up world :(

11-24-2006, 08:29 PM
its so true. i hate some of them though.

i have a really funny story about this, so IM me if you wanna laugh a little

mole97
11-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Don't mean to hijack this,but I heard on the news the two guy's Michael Richards went off on, hired a lawyer and are sueing him?!!:rolleyes: :eek2: :mad: 20 years ago it would have been just 'A bad choice of words!". This world is getting so f'd up nothing shocks me anymore. B.T.W. watching the movie "friday after next on t.v, and must have said the "N" word 100 times! Guess that's O.K.?

LTZ400rider
11-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by mx428
You're just in it for the weed:blah:

the drugs are more potent these days anyway

AtvMxRider
11-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by mole97
20 years ago it would have been just 'A bad choice of words!".

Yeah and 50 years ago they would have been hung upside down with a fork stuck in thier a$s;)

11-25-2006, 03:26 PM
yeah i wish i could go back to the 60-70s things were so much better back then...i guess the only thing i can do is try to raise my kids the right way....and yes i am going to spank them if they do something bad....i was spanked as a kid and it does work!

LTZ400rider
11-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yeah and 50 years ago they would have been hung upside down with a fork stuck in thier a$s;)

lmao :blah:

:chinese: