PDA

View Full Version : Adventurous Thanksgiving day!

Lowcountrydave
11-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Alrighty the only thing planned for this day was eating. Along with some wheelin on the 400. In the back of my uncles land they have thrown up a subdivision. (yeah) NOT! Anyways they needed to get rid of some dirt. My uncle said he would take it. Nothing like some free dirt. Just imagine 12' high and over 300' in length. Pile of heaven. Scared the crap out of myself climbing the sides.

Before we actually arrived at the dirt, I had to navigate through some wet field's. Everything was fine until I tried to cross a creek it was standing water about 5 inch's deep. Girlfriend on back.... Last words I said as driving straight for it...

" ya this should be no problem"

Back end just sank, I got the look of my life. After GF took her shoes and socks off. She stepped off and looked 8" shorter for some reason. Hehe.

Same night its late. Were back at my grandpas. He has a farm and horse stables. This night two Arabian horses are arriving from Missouri. I didn't want to spook them with the 400. So I parked my truck in front of the house. (up hill) Loading and uphill should never be in the same sentence.

I stalled on the first attempt and GF and grandpa watched. I rolled down the ramps. Applied brakes (bad idea). Slowly the 400 stood upright and straight back she went. I supported it with both feet and hands fully extended. I now know what 398 pounds feels like, not bad really. I rolled it to the side and laid it down. Good experience really.

Anything eventfull happen to anybody else?

Dave