PDA

View Full Version : really chapped my @$$

shiftyfofiddy
11-24-2006, 12:21 PM
so i call a local indoor track today to see if me and a couple of my buddies could take the quads we have down there to ride. the reason i say i called them is that quads can only run on thursday nights. anyways they told me no. i asked them why and the answer was that the dirt bike riders complaned about the quads messing up the line that they make. now in my oppinion money is money. and its preaty screwed up in my eyes that they give us quad riders only 1 day out of the week to ride there. i would think that they would give us at least 1 weekend a month to pratice. but i guess not. i think that people are not giving us quad riders enuff respect when it comes to sharing the space to ride. let me know your oppinion
thanks chris

trx400exxracer
11-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Is it flattrack or MX:confused:

shiftyfofiddy
11-24-2006, 12:27 PM
its mx. its kinda small but it rains here alot so its all i got

Warnerade
11-24-2006, 01:25 PM
ya only the slow bike riders complain about quad ruts. Ask any fast bike guy, they will not mind a quad rut at all.

mx428
11-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
ya only the slow bike riders complain about quad ruts. Ask any fast bike guy, they will not mind a quad rut at all. Quads **** up ruts and flatten them, thats usually the complaint. It's true and sometimes the quads really pack down loam so it's harder to get ruts back.

fandl450r
11-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Quads **** up ruts and flatten them, thats usually the complaint. It's true and sometimes the quads really pack down loam so it's harder to get ruts back.

Fast bike guys don't need ruts. ;)

nickmelll
11-24-2006, 03:49 PM
quads realy are only a problem on clay cuse it gets bluegrove or just realy slik.. bikes tear up way more

mx428
11-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Fast bike guys don't need ruts. ;) They're not neccisary but they're nice to have in some (not all) situations.

Mxjunkie
11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Fast bike guys don't need ruts. ;)

Yep.. the guy's that ride around here if you watch them ride half the time they just slam the back brakes and flat track it around most the of the turns..

And a quad rut give's them a inside line and a outside line thats 50inches wide.. :p

trick250r
11-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X
real racers make their own lines and dont complain...

yup yup

Scott-300ex
11-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Bikes tear up way more than quads.

And bike ruts can be a b!tch to negotiate for us too.

Black vs. white=bike vs. quads

shiftyfofiddy
11-25-2006, 08:21 PM
thanks for backin me up here guys. im going to have a little bit of a talk with the owner next week and see if the quad guys could have a weekend or something

Kaleigh
11-25-2006, 09:21 PM
if there is equal amounts of quad and bikes then it should be 1 week bikes.. next week quads.. sounds kinda one sided to let quads ride once a week.. that really grinds my gears.. and its a stupid excuse (cause of the ruts) well the track near me is sand and both bikes and quads ride on it with no compaints.. if you want to see ruts.. try a sand track.. those bikes can dig a nasty rut..

CDCHONDAS
11-25-2006, 09:27 PM
That was tried at an mx track near me, I dont know what happend much I think quads are back but I know who was behind it and that makes it all the more believable. Some track owners apparently dont like grooming the tracks nuts we have harescrambles that get the mx and starting lines groomed between races.

Quad18star
11-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Sucks for sure , but you got to look at it from the owners point of view . Chances are , more dirtbike riders go out to the track than there are quad riders . If the dirtbike riders are complaining , and the owner continues to allow quads , there's a chance that the dirtbike guys will just up and leave , leaving the track owner with a big income loss .

It's sad to say , but you have to cater to your crowd that brings in the most money .

Tommy 17
11-26-2006, 09:11 AM
i love how quad riders get pissed when their told the truth... i've done both now and quads totaly screw up MX tracks for bikes... face it bikes rule the MX world and u guys don't like it... if i owned a track i'd never let quads on it for the simple fact that they tear it apart and ruin it... get pissed at me and flip out i don't care its the truth...

the only people that complain and say u don't need ruts to be fast and noone uses them are people that suck so bad they don't know how to ride them... go look at any MX national track and their everywhere and faster!

heres my old practice track we kicked the quads off and it sucked without ruts and teh slick turns from the quads...

firefighterjosh
11-26-2006, 08:13 PM
What happened to all the Old school bike racers who didn't need berms? I remember watching vids of bike riders back when laying the bike down on flat ground with the handle bars about touching on a 78 DT400 LOL

Kaleigh
11-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Sucks for sure , but you got to look at it from the owners point of view . Chances are , more dirtbike riders go out to the track than there are quad riders . If the dirtbike riders are complaining , and the owner continues to allow quads , there's a chance that the dirtbike guys will just up and leave , leaving the track owner with a big income loss .

It's sad to say , but you have to cater to your crowd that brings in the most money .

yes.. sad but true.. MONEY MATTERS.. the thing is.. the only way for Dirtbikes to go really fast around a track is the ruts.. without the ruts.. most dirtbike riders just suck.. (I ride mostly with dirtbikes riders.. they tell me all about it)

TCracin440ex
11-26-2006, 10:43 PM
i know a dude not 2 far from where i live maybe 5 or 10 mins he has a private mx track in his back yard...he rides dirtbikes....but he loves for quad guys to come over there because it actually helps him out when it comes to groom the track...hes got really steep berms, and the quads smooth the dirtbike ruts right out of the berms so he really enjoys quad'ers coming and ridding at his track...

wilkin250r
11-26-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm willing to bet that there are at least 10 times as many dirtbike riders as quad riders. With odds like that, be thankful you get one out of seven days.

Like Greg said, it's about money. Are you honestly going to ask the owners to throw away money simply because you think it isn't "fair"? Or, more precisely, are you willing to pay five times as much in order to cover their losses?

DEAL
11-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i love how quad riders get pissed when their told the truth... i've done both now and quads totaly screw up MX tracks for bikes... face it bikes rule the MX world and u guys don't like it... if i owned a track i'd never let quads on it for the simple fact that they tear it apart and ruin it... get pissed at me and flip out i don't care its the truth...

the only people that complain and say u don't need ruts to be fast and noone uses them are people that suck so bad they don't know how to ride them... go look at any MX national track and their everywhere and faster!

heres my old practice track we kicked the quads off and it sucked without ruts and teh slick turns from the quads...

Only the slow bike riders are the ones that complain .. none of the pros around here care...

shiftyfofiddy
11-27-2006, 03:46 PM
i love how this post can get all blown out of wack. i asked them if i could produce enuf quads to give me a weekend day and they still said no. so f- it ill give it to the dirt bikers im tired of hearin them cry about it. i guess ill have to build my own track in the summer and solve the problem my self. and "tommy" maybe when you back up you oppinion with hard facts ill take it to heart. but untill then im going to take you smack talkin with a grain of salt.

Live2Ride300
11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
What happened to all the Old school bike racers who didn't need berms? I remember watching vids of bike riders back when laying the bike down on flat ground with the handle bars about touching on a 78 DT400 LOL

Lmao, gotta love the good ole days

I've got a 77 DT250:devil:

Warnerade
11-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by shiftyfofiddy
i love how this post can get all blown out of wack. i asked them if i could produce enuf quads to give me a weekend day and they still said no. so f- it ill give it to the dirt bikers im tired of hearin them cry about it. i guess ill have to build my own track in the summer and solve the problem my self. and "tommy" maybe when you back up you oppinion with hard facts ill take it to heart. but untill then im going to take you smack talkin with a grain of salt. unfortunately, hes right..to an extent.

atvRiDa400ex
11-27-2006, 07:55 PM
well only slow retarded kids would complain about ruts....ISNT that part of the track???

thats dumb!

atvRiDa400ex
11-27-2006, 07:57 PM

did you juts say your track SUCKED WITH OUT RUTS???

i think you did:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

Warnerade
11-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by atvRiDa400ex
did you juts say your track SUCKED WITH OUT RUTS???

i think you did:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh you must have never rode a dirt bike before....

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Tommy or other bike riders,

I have a serious question. I have never rode a bike on a track before but why do you need ruts? My dad and his friends rode bikes in the day and they said you can lay down a bike without a rut. They just stuck there leg out kinda like a slick track racer did and spun the bike around.

atvRiDa400ex
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
you must have never rode a dirt bike before....

ruts suck balls:o

Warnerade
11-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I realize you asked tommy, but let me lay it out for you. If you ride a bike through a rut, it is like your on rails, a MUCH less chance to fall over. Hence why a lot of the slower guys on bikes love the bike ruts. Ask any fast biker, 90% of them will love a quad rut because they can still have that "rail" feeling, but they can fly through it a lot faster, get the tire on the side and lay the bike down at much more of an angle. It is basically like a little berm to them.

atvrida...just quit while your ahead

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Nacs,
That is what I though. My friend rides bikes and he loves the ATV ruts in the woods cuz he can rail his bike around the corners. I tried googling some dirt bike forums and can not find any info if bikers like or hate ATV ruts.

But anways I talked to a local track and he likes the ATV riding on the track. The ATVs helped break down all the 1 wheeled ruts that are made due to dirtbikers which in turns helps them keep the track from looking like the one tommy showed.

300extreme#8
11-27-2006, 08:44 PM
well , what i used to do at my track is, my bike friends complained, so i would move the turn back farther than the reg turn and us quads would take the longer route, not much longer but go around the turn, and the bikes take the original turn so we wouldnt ruin their ruts, that solved alot... and the just were all that wide so the bike had the middle to themselves and the quads took up the outsides of the jump and same with the whoops

PolarisRider06
11-28-2006, 12:38 AM
i'll agree with everyone who ways fast bike guys dont need one wheel ruts... ever watch how supercross guys take corners? the fly up onto the berm, snap the back of the bike up then shoot straight out making little or no ruts many times. or if you watch how pastrana corners a lot of times its like what nacs said they can rail the corner, put the front a little to the inside and the back a little more outside and basically "drift" the corner

440bigborekit
11-28-2006, 03:51 AM
all you guy that are saying only the slow riders comlain about the ruts is just retarded i rode bikes my whole life and i need ruts and lal my other AA friends need ruts too , quads just mess up everything on the track and i work at a track and theres no more quads at all its a pain in the arse when i have to go out and fix all the whoops and doubles that they messed up and then get the ruts back they tore down be happy you got a day out of the week.

firefighterjosh
11-28-2006, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
all you guy that are saying only the slow riders comlain about the ruts is just retarded i rode bikes my whole life and i need ruts and lal my other AA friends need ruts too , quads just mess up everything on the track and i work at a track and theres no more quads at all its a pain in the arse when i have to go out and fix all the whoops and doubles that they messed up and then get the ruts back they tore down be happy you got a day out of the week.

How long you been riding?

11-28-2006, 04:29 AM
Stop the two wheeled oppression!

trick250r
11-28-2006, 07:40 AM
IMO, if you need the track a certain way to be fast, you cant ride... to anyone that says that you need ruts to go fast on a bike, learn how to ride better. thats part of riding, being able to adapt. if i can learn to haul *** around a corner that has 2 ft deep dirtbike ruts in it, the guy on the bike can learn how to ride faster w/o ruts. just my $.02. :rolleyes:

Kaleigh
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
ruts arent needed but they are nice.. its like a berm to us.. they are nice.. but not needed..

Scott-300ex
11-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Well I started out on a kx60 that was fast, beat a warrior untill the warrior hit 4th gear!

I rarely used ruts, but they help you hold your speed.

But if there aren't ruts. Learn how to ride without them, if we all rode on perfectly groomed trails/tracks or wutever we would suck at riding, cuz I wouldn't have climbed the huge/steep hills I have, have to wheelie over mud puddles, deal with the bad@ss whoops down at st. joe. All we would know is one thing.

LEARN HOW TO READ TERRAIN. And deal with it, think of it as learn it quicker so you will be the fastest.

And if you need ruts on a bike, don't ride trails, sand, or baja, just stick to your little mx track with your ruts. And then yell at us quad guys if we get rid of them.

Warnerade
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
all you guy that are saying only the slow riders comlain about the ruts is just retarded i rode bikes my whole life and i need ruts and lal my other AA friends need ruts too , quads just mess up everything on the track and i work at a track and theres no more quads at all its a pain in the arse when i have to go out and fix all the whoops and doubles that they messed up and then get the ruts back they tore down be happy you got a day out of the week. so you have friends that are in AA that ride bikes? I am sure their drinking problem keeps them from being fast, not the quad ruts...as for you, well..your probably just slow.

shiftyfofiddy
11-28-2006, 05:49 PM
alcohol and bike riders lol i cant stop crakin up about that. props to you nac

440bigborekit
11-28-2006, 06:05 PM
so you have friends that are in AA that ride bikes? I am sure their drinking problem keeps them from being fast, not the quad ruts...as for you, well..your probably just slow.

well i didnt know you were that retarded guess i was wrong AA is the local pro class moron and yes ruts are needed quads mess everything up on a track they make it all smooth and slippery and just screw it up like make double lips and stuff and to sayyou dont need ruts i guess none of the quad guys ever rode bikes before ruts are needed to go faster and keep the bike inline ask any pro there say ruts are needed especally in mx the sx corners are so tight you just have to slide around them like said before but in mx ruts are key it keeps your line and to say im slow im not even gonna sweat it lol i guess the A class is slow to you ok bud have a great day.

come to rhode island or any where near it and ill be glad to race you.

Warnerade
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
well i didnt know you were that retarded guess i was wrong AA is the local pro class moron and yes ruts are needed quads mess everything up on a track they make it all smooth and slippery and just screw it up like make double lips and stuff and to sayyou dont need ruts i guess none of the quad guys ever rode bikes before ruts are needed to go faster and keep the bike inline ask any pro there say ruts are needed especally in mx the sx corners are so tight you just have to slide around them like said before but in mx ruts are key it keeps your line and to say im slow im not even gonna sweat it lol i guess the A class is slow to you ok bud have a great day.

come to rhode island or any where near it and ill be glad to race you. Thats the main problem with you bikers...your all dicks. Take a damn joke son.

atvfrk10
11-28-2006, 06:32 PM
i work at a track and theres no more quads at all its a pain in the arse when i have to go out and fix all the whoops and doubles that they messed up and then get the ruts back they tore down

So your saying that jumps with huge ruts, uneven faces, and landings are easier to fix then smooth jumps. Same with the whoops, they get even worse from bikes skipping across them.

11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Thats the main problem with you bikers...your all dicks. Take a damn joke son. Not to start some big war. But that is true. The dirtbikers are gonna disagree of course. But at the track, you can go up to any quad guy and ask for like a bolt, tool, anything and they'll give it you no problem. I broke my shift lever and I needed a spacer so I asked a fellow quad racer and he gave me one no problem. Now my friend that races bikes broke his chain and he was going around asking the bike guys asking for masterlinks and most of them said "sucks for you". Same with vendors, I had a flat with some tires, and I need to switch tires real quick before my moto. I go to vendor and they cater bikes, and he was just going off about how much he hates quads and tires and stuff, so I just left and raced wth my 20inch trail tires. But for the last race Nacs was a vendor and damn, they were so nice and courteous.

The way I see it since there isn't a lot of us quad guys we all stick together. But since every one and there brother races bikes they don't act like a big family and sometimes are complete dicks.

Dirtbikers have theeeeee biggest ego.

PolarisRider06
11-28-2006, 06:37 PM
what i really get a kick out of with all of this is that i've heard from a lot of bike guys and guys who have their own tracks that say that they LIKE QUADS because we SMOOTH EVERYTHING OUT and groom the track. i've heard that at races from bike guys too, because like said before we make wide paths instead of 16 inch deep 8 inch wide grooves. plus a quad will make a small "berm" if you will on the outside of its path around the corner and the bike guys at all the races that i go to use that little berm as the rut because there is enough there to keep the bike from washing out and still be able to rail around it if your a slower rider or haul @$$ around it if your a faster rider. not to mention a lot of the bike guys like when quads run practice first because we dry out some of the sections of the track that are over watered and start to make our lines because quads can move the dirt and mud around more than bikes and then it goes back to what i said before.

oh and about quads ruining the lips of jumps. i dont know what you are coming on here a QUAD SITE saying that your a quad rider and saying that QUADS wreck the lips... if you ask me quads preserve the lips and bikes wreck them because slow bikes make ruts on the jumps they are scared to hit by rolling up the roosting the **** out of the tops of them and kill the pop for the mid level riders who have to stay in the ruts to be fast so then they cant clear the jumps but the true A class bike riders arent bothered by it because they dont use the same lines as everyone else around corners and over jumps which is what makes them fast. that is also why the bikes kill the jumps for quads because when the bikes have to ruts on a jump thats right out of the corner, one in the middle and one on the outside, your outside wheels on the quad will almost always be in it and when its a mid third gear jump and you come off with one wheel in a rut and the a-arm dragging on the dirt it throws you way whipped out and way crooked but guess what the quad guys dont go to the race promoter during or after the race and b*tch about the ruts because we all realize that learning how to ride in that ****ty of conditions at the local races can only help us when we end up at a quad only race because we know how to handle our machines in all conditions and how to throw it around in the air and how to correct when we come off of the face of a jump sideways.

Kaleigh
11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Thats the main problem with you bikers...your all dicks. Take a damn joke son.

not all bikers are dicks.. alot of them are.. thats what gives the rest of them a bad name.. just about all the DB riders around here are really nice though.. they dont trash talk.. well maybe a little but they are only joking.. but when you get a mean DB rider.. they are just down right mean..

like I said before about ruts.. they are nice to have but not needed.. the main thing is the berms..

off topic but sometime they say the training wheels bit.. but when we stop for a break.. i can just sit there on my quad and relax turn around and lay down with my back of the handlebars.. :D then they call me a buthole and we all laugh..

PolarisRider06
11-28-2006, 07:01 PM
just as some proof to all the guys like 440bigbore who think that the fast guys use ruts all the time and that bikes need ruts to take a corner fast lets go to the real FAST GUYS carmichael and stewart at the glen helen race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEgqIAZydRA&NR

Punk'd
11-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Bike screw up Hills where I ride:mad:

It goes both ways.. Quads mess up dirtbike ruts, dirtbikes mess up quad ruts..

A experienced rider is ready for any type of terrain;)

And I think thats total b/s how they wont let you ride more than one day a week. Get a whole bunch of guys togther and sign a petition.

shiftyfofiddy
11-28-2006, 11:11 PM
wow this is getting alot of attion lol. going back to the "quad family" i totaly agree. i have never been shunned away from a fellow quad rider but i cant count how many times i have been disrespected or told to pound dirt from DB riders. i guess it showes that people with quads have respect for everyone who rides. i may not like DB riders but no matter how much i dis like some one or something i still give respect. im a karma type of person. what comes around goes around. in my eyes the whole DB scene is on its way out

440bigborekit
11-29-2006, 04:05 AM
fast quadders are alright mainly becuase they hit the jumps but i realy get pissed at the slow ones that roll over everything and just mess it up same goes with the slow bike riders that wont hit the jumps and just roost the lips and just go and mes up the corners because they liek the roost they through up, that pisses me off even more but i dont like how you think bikers should cater to quads i got noting against quads and i help out everybody at the track but i dont think they should ride with the bieks they mess it up and to get a day out of the week be lucky becuase guys like me have to go out and fix what you mess uyp and after 40 hours of making a whole new track it rely sucks to go out and fix it again. were trying to get more land to make a all quad and mini track becuase pur track is setup for bikes and quads just cant do it.

11-29-2006, 04:18 AM
I don't see why you would have to fix the track after quads go on. We don't rut up the track, we groom it. And with the quads messing up jumps there's more bikes out there that roll the jumps and just rev the **** out of the motors and makes a huge rut on top of the lip.

firefighterjosh
11-29-2006, 04:29 AM
Alright I have some questions.

Why does the track have to be perfect?

I ride on a track that is mainly all bikes. The bikes cause bad ruts that make my quad go sideways in the air. What do I do? I ether use body english and kick it back or I choose another line.

The track also has steep landings (i guess bikes like that) O well I nose down a little further.

What do quads do to a track that is so bad? Make some little ruts in the corner? All the tracks I have seen the quads do least damage.

Seems quads run ussually diffrent lines from eachother and don't make as much problems. Seems quad ussually smooth out the track and make it easier to groom.

Seems all the bike guys take the same line and make 8 inch gaps in the track. Take a look at tommys pic. All those 8 inch ruts wouldn't take time to fix?

Please bike riders stop being cry babies and just race. Why race if the track has to be perfect?

Scott-300ex
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM
guys like me have to go out and fix what you mess uyp and after 40 hours of making a whole new track it rely sucks to go out and fix it again.

If thats your job don't whine. Its a job. I don't like my job, when I got to load, unload, and stack a semi truck load of hay, it sucks, but you prolly use a skidsteer and water trucks, talk about easy, and I enjoy myself when I'm workin in the skidsteer or backhoe. Its your job so don't complain.

And where I ride, everyone is so nice, my buddy broke down so we get it to the lot and guys come up and help us out. They give us thier tools. Prolly $200-$300 set or so and leave, they know we will return the tools and they will be on thier truck when they get back from riding. Everyone is friendly, guys come up needing gas or air for a flat tire and we help them out. Gas will cost them like $5 a gallon though, thats wut my friend had to pay for it from one guy when we were down there and he forgot his gas. Haha.

Kaleigh
11-29-2006, 02:20 PM
lol.. what a lazy &%^... doesnt want to do his job.. well guess what.. deal with it or quit.. the guy at our track grooms it every morning.. yes... thats right every morning.. you see him out there on his tractor at the brink of dawn.. I wouldnt mind maintaining a track.. think about how many people you are making happy..

440bigborekit
11-29-2006, 06:56 PM
^^ lmao......im lazy ehhh stupid canadan stop playin hockey for a second and listin bikers need and like ruts unlike quads we only have 2 wheels therefore we like to lay the bike down in the corners and have lines on the jumps to go at a faster rate of speed and stay inline. ofcorse i groom the track its my job but i dont tear down all the lines just the realy deep ones on the jumps becuase they get to deep and most of the quads dont have enought nut to them to do the rythem section and just tear down the whoops and doubles same goes with slow bikers but if it was up to me id have a quad and mini track to and if you think im bias against quads i pulled some strings to let rollie come ride cuz he wanted to so dont tell me i hate quads and im just a dick bike rider oo and have a nice day

rollie
11-29-2006, 06:58 PM
^^ lmao......im lazy ehhh stupid canadan stop playin hockey for a second and listin bikers need and like ruts unlike quads we only have 2 wheels therefore we like to lay the bike down in the corners and have lines on the jumps to go at a faster rate of speed and stay inline. ofcorse i groom the track its my job but i dont tear down all the lines just the realy deep ones on the jumps becuase they get to deep and most of the quads dont have enought nut to them to do the rythem section and just tear down the whoops and doubles same goes with slow bikers but if it was up to me id have a quad and mini track to and if you think im bias against quads i pulled some strings to let rollie come ride cuz he wanted to so dont tell me i hate quads and im just a dick bike rider oo and have a nice day

real racers dont complain about ruts:blah:

440bigborekit
11-29-2006, 07:01 PM
well atleast the fake racers took of the trainin wheels lmfao :blah:

Kaleigh
11-29-2006, 07:39 PM
well atleast the fake racers took of the trainin wheels lmfao :blah:

bikes NEED ruts.. i dont think so.. atleast us Canadians dont need a halo to see a black puck on a white ice.. lol..

motox450
11-30-2006, 02:30 PM

The TRUTH!!!! ARE YOU ON CRACK!!!!! the pic you posted looks more like a pro supercross or outdoor national when the bikes get done! Ruts are created from tire digging the dirt out. Quad tires are wider and dig less dirt out. Thats what its faster for quads to slide around the turns. YES quads do knock down ruts created from bikes! There are far less quad ruts then bikes this is simple fact! You ask how I know I raced at the top level of the B class on a CRF450r for 3 years and I know what kind of ruts it makes, and what my quad makes! Bike riders hate quads because we pack down the dirt and ruin their ruts plain and simple. Your picture is either a fake or you let everyone ride it directly after a rain, or your top 8 inches is a heavy mix of sand and loose soil. I have built multiple tracks over the years and NONE of them ever did that from quads unless totally muddy, and the bikes ruts in the face where far far deeper. I think you need to get some facts before you decide what the TRUTH is.

Tommy 17
11-30-2006, 03:45 PM
hey dickweed read what i said b4 u make urself look even dumber... i never said the quads formed the ruts in that picture i said they knock them down! quads tear the track up that the bikes make... its simple...

those aren't quad ruts moron there from bikes! bikes like ruts and thats why we kicked the quads off so we could keep them!

you can't fix stupid........................

MotoX3
11-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Haha dirt bike corners with out ruts has a name...flat track. I have no idea whats going on where you guys are saying the bike riders are dicks, round here quads and bikes get along fine. I've never heard a complaint about either one at the tracks. My two pennies...

440bigborekit
11-30-2006, 04:07 PM
^^ thanks you i got nothing against quads but i can alreay tell not alot of there guys ever realy rode bikes with out ruts bikes would be all over the place . it would be to slippery

Kaleigh
11-30-2006, 04:37 PM

name calling.. real mature.. and if you groomed the track everyday like a good worker then it would not be slippery.. and as for laying your bike down.. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A BERM..

look i ride with bikers.. they love their ruts cause it rails them.. but at the local track they dont compain... sure its good to practice with ruts cause when you race on a track nice ruts start to form and the racers can have more speed coming out of a corners on the inside line... but you dont need for jumps.. good for woops section so you back end doesnt fly all over the place.. but at the local track.. i think a good berm should make everyone happy..

just tryin to find a happy meduim for the everyone to ride together..

400exrider707
11-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I came to this forum to get away from this nonsense. My District board is exactly this crap nonstop. Every thread is this exact arguing with a different thread name. knock it off!!!

Ride....and shut up.

motox450
11-30-2006, 06:37 PM
The point is that bikes and quads have different effects on tracks. Quads don't tear up a bike track. They just pack the dirt making it slicker for bikes. As for riding a bike without ruts, I never had a problem riding without them. A track with a lot of ruts from bikes make it more difficult to ride for BOTH. Like in the above picture in which the guy stated quads ruin motocross tracks. Well from the looks of that pic THAT WAS ALL FROM BIKES it couldn't have gotten in much worse shape! That many ruts on jump faces causes issues with bikes and quads with less experienced riders. They have a larger chance of cross rutting and crashing off the face of the jump. Its dangerous like that. I know I have been there, and done that. If you are a decent bike or quad rider you can ride any track. All of my buddies still ride bikes and we can all go out and have a good time riding the same track. On the point of the guy pushing quad riders away because the bike riders didn't like having them there. Well its business, I would make sure to get as many quad riders there at one time maybe 15 or so. Call every quad rider you know and have them meet you there. Then when he turns you away or tries to you have some money sitting there. If its 20 bucks a rider for the 15 of you thats 300 bucks out of their pocket. It's hard to push away an easy 300 in cash. Make it business and they will listen.

Eddiesanders250
11-30-2006, 06:41 PM
What is the track called, is it hindsight by any chance?