PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera ??

quadfamily
11-24-2006, 07:05 AM
I am looking at digital camera's. The only experience I have with one is the cheap Olympus I have. What I hate about it is the delay from the time you click the button to the time it actually takes the picture. I miss so many shots because of it. I have seen a few on sale but I notice the Kodaks have the best prices and seemingly the best specs. I don't hav he budget right now for a SLR although I wish I did. Some of the Kodaks (in the $300 range) have like 10 - 12 Optical zoom and 5-6 megapixels(these look like SLR's but are not). How can I find out if the ones I'm looking at have the PITA delay? I've also looked at the Nikons in the $150 range. Anybody have one of those? Thanks averybody!

duke416ex
11-24-2006, 07:24 AM
I have been looking at teh cameras recently. I don't know how to find out about the delay. I do know that there are many places that have the Kodak z650 on sale right now for less than 200 and everyone tells me it is a good camera. There is also a z710 or something like that(you can check on Kodak sight) that is 7.1 m.p. and is supposed to be slr quality. I am seriously looking at that one. I would probably try the website about the delay.

MOFO
11-24-2006, 07:37 AM
John,

I believe alot of that delay is due to the auto focus. With the cheap point and shoot, you'll need to push the button down half way to force the camera to focus. Then push it the rest of the way to take the picture. I have limited knowledge on the subject, so I am sure other things factor into the delay.

mx428
11-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Mofo is right, the lag is due to the slow auto focusing of nearly all point and shoots. One thing that will help is , as mofo said, pressing down the capture button halfway to pre focus the glass for an upcoming subject. Also make sure you're using the "running man" option on your cameras setting dial, not the flower or anything else on there. This also might be part of your problem. As for a camera, If you can put out a little more money and get a DSC H5 from Sony. It's an "advanced" digital camera, 7.2 mega pixels and takes great shots. I got one a while ago and still hold onto it because its a great all around camera. Here's a picture taken with my H5

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/Photography/Hepler-2copy.jpg

Great starter camera to work up to a DSLR setup.

And then you get to move onto this:D
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/NEWCAMERA1111003.jpg

LTZ400rider
11-24-2006, 01:13 PM
id say a sony h1,h2, or h5. great camera to learn on with all the manual settings plus it has a 12x zoom. u can find the h1 cheap nowadays, and i think the new h2 feels cheaper compared to it. the new ones have a better lens though

11-25-2006, 05:39 AM
i recently bought and sony h2...i love this camera as a stepping stone to slr cameras that i cannot afford...the pics are amazingly clear and it has a lot of seetings that i am still learning...it takes great action pics too...