PDA

View Full Version : '06 or '07

DESDAK4
11-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Are the late '06 LTRs and the '07 LTRs the same? Need as much info as fast as possible.

Jay

Ltr_00
11-23-2006, 09:23 PM
I have a late 06 I know that the early 06 had a recall on the frame one place wasnt welded but I know the late 06 are ok no problems here i love it!!!!

DESDAK4
11-24-2006, 11:30 AM
So a guy would be very safe saving a bunch of money and buying an '06? They are selling them for around 6500 here.

Jay

tomkfx700
11-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Jump on it jay. i loved the switch from the kfx700 to the lt-r450. no problems with mine thus far!!!

DESDAK4
11-24-2006, 09:44 PM
I want to but, I am afraid of this tranny whine and shifter pin problem I keep hearing about.

Jay

tomkfx700
11-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
I want to but, I am afraid of this tranny whine and shifter pin problem I keep hearing about.

Jay

From what i have heard the shifter pin only breaks if you use it as a foot peg off a jump. plus theres a part out for it that fixes that for around 150 bucks.

The tranny whine alot of people have it but not sure if i have heard of it makeing the tranny fail. I have only heard it once from mine so far and that was the first day i had it out ,so far so good.

You could always wait and see if the kawi 450 is any better. Mine has been very reliable and dont see myself getting rid of it anytime soon!!

DESDAK4
11-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Waiting on the Kawie is what is killing me. I have this awful feeling in my gut that I will not be able to get my hands on one until April or May and in North Dakota that takes away some good riding time. Then there is the frame that is very unproven to say the least.

Where as Suzuki has fixed everything that was complained about and is proven. Not to mention I could have my choice of Yellow or White right now in town.

Jay

tomkfx700
11-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
Waiting on the Kawie is what is killing me. I have this awful feeling in my gut that I will not be able to get my hands on one until April or May and in North Dakota that takes away some good riding time. Then there is the frame that is very unproven to say the least.

Where as Suzuki has fixed everything that was complained about and is proven. Not to mention I could have my choice of Yellow or White right now in town.

Jay

It's all up to you jay ride now or ride later lol.