PDA

View Full Version : guys with stock rebuilds

rollie
11-23-2006, 09:49 AM
how do these set up's work? im looking at getting jb standard travel a-arms, having C&D revavle the stock front shocks too ZPS and triple rate, and the rear shock by diresi(sp) to get it revavled and rebuild with new linkage that it comes with, how would this set up be? or should i just run stock shocks this season and get LT next winter? bassiclly, is it worth it? thanks

fandl450r
11-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I ran standard travel JB arms for a while, with stockers triple rated zps, and a dual rate rear setup with a linkage. RAN PERFECTLY! Here's a pic.

MAD450r
11-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Best mod I did to my 04R.

Just my opinion here, pick one company to do both dont mix and match. I really beleive you need the rear link changed, the only rebuild company I konw of that does not change the link is c&d's. I would look into one of the many other's if I was you. Again this is just my opinion.

JH racing, derisi, gt thunder are the 3 that use a new rear link that I can think of.

11-23-2006, 11:09 AM
i had all three of mine done by GTThunder but if I could go back I would have www.j-hracing.com do them. He is a lot cheaper and he also uses a GTThunder rear link on his rebuilds.

elementryder
11-23-2006, 11:20 AM
GT THUNDER ALL THE WAY

11-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
GT THUNDER ALL THE WAY thats coming from a sponsored rider :rolleyes: i have had Gtthunder do my shocks and they are great but very expensive compared to j-hracing

jdwxv3
11-23-2006, 06:50 PM
GTT is worth it. I heard Derisi is good as well. I had C&D and was not impressed at all.

trx400exxracer
11-23-2006, 07:04 PM
you need to give Santo a call he does a good job. And the last time i talked to him he was working on a new linkage i think??? But give him a call and he will talk to you about the set-up you want he is a very easy guy to talk to and he is very nice!!!

rockabilly13
11-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by pilfered
i had all three of mine done by GTThunder but if I could go back I would have www.j-hracing.com do them. He is a lot cheaper and he also uses a GTThunder rear link on his rebuilds.
So you think that $575 price on j-h website is for revalveing and respringing all three including the rear link? I'm gonna be doing all mine real soon and hadn't heard of j-h racing.

ky300ex
11-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by rockabilly13
So you think that $575 price on j-h website is for revalveing and respringing all three including the rear link? I'm gonna be doing all mine real soon and hadn't heard of j-h racing.

I'm wondering the same thing.....does the $575 include revalving and respringing?From the way it reads on the website revalving will be an additional charge.I'm also getting ready to have my shocks redone.

woodsracer420
11-23-2006, 09:15 PM
you cant go wrong with the GT's i love mine, a night and day difference!! honestly they ride better then the tripple rate elkas on my old 400, no joke. the others might good also but ive never rode them.

DanW
11-24-2006, 09:18 AM
I sure like my GT Thunder rebuilds, but I'm just another sponsored rider too. :)

JH Racing
11-24-2006, 09:24 AM
The $575 is for valving and respringing all 3 triple rate front and dual rate rear. The 04-05 Gt linkage is a extra $150. I have my own MX linkage we use on the 06-07 which adds $125.

gbcap
11-24-2006, 10:30 AM
i wouldn't go with someone just over price.

not bashing jh in any way shape or form so please don't take it that way.

they might be cheaper for a reason. not always but alot of times you get what you pay for. just make sure you call and talk to your rebuilder. if they only ask you a weight and a riding class a b or c and thats all they want to know to rebuild your shocks then i would move to the next builder. if they ask you 30 questions to make sure they get them right then your on your way to a good rebuilder.

but what do i know. i am just another sponsored rider. haha.

JH Racing
11-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Not taking it as bashing but I have built shocks for many national level riders myself included Caleb Moore,Hunter and Cody Miller, Cody Brown and the list goes on We ask all the questions and have a 30 day guarantee on valving. I have my own valving specs and use TCS spring kits. I do more Elka services and revalves than anything else. But I do 2-3 OEM conversions a week. GT Thunder and Derisi both do good work. But if you have not ridden them all how you know for sure who is the best?

ss440ex
11-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rockabilly13

I have used j-hracing on several occasions,stock conversions-elka-axis.
Top notch work great service!!!
He is rebuilding my axis shocks this week end.

rollie
11-24-2006, 01:37 PM
i still cant decide, i can have this done or get long travel, the problem this the price of long travel would far exceed the price of rebuilds, do if i got rebuilds i would have alot more money to spend on other things on the quad, but i also need a shock thatwill proform good at tracks like southwick, with deep ruts and no jumps,then the next weekend a smooth track with 90 footers.

trx400exxracer
11-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i still cant decide, i can have this done or get long travel, the problem this the price of long travel would far exceed the price of rebuilds, do if i got rebuilds i would have alot more money to spend on other things on the quad, but i also need a shock thatwill proform good at tracks like southwick, with deep ruts and no jumps,then the next weekend a smooth track with 90 footers.

check this out!!!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267169

rockabilly13
11-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
i wouldn't go with someone just over price.

not bashing jh in any way shape or form so please don't take it that way.

they might be cheaper for a reason. not always but alot of times you get what you pay for. just make sure you call and talk to your rebuilder. if they only ask you a weight and a riding class a b or c and thats all they want to know to rebuild your shocks then i would move to the next builder. if they ask you 30 questions to make sure they get them right then your on your way to a good rebuilder.

but what do i know. i am just another sponsored rider. haha.
With you having to pay an extra 150 for the link it puts the j-h price right up there with gtt and desiri. If I go with rebuilding my stockers I thinnk I'm gonna go with someone that can do the travel mod to get a little more travel. GTT advertises that they can get and extra 7/8 inch out of them but Desiri says they can get up to 2 inches.

11-24-2006, 06:41 PM
i have the extra 7/8th inch on my shocks and its nice, 2 inches would be even better though that derisi now offers. I have owned derisi revalved works shocks, gtthunder revalved 450r shocks, and rode on jhracing revalved shocks. jhracing is my favorite.

rollie- you may want to look into buying 2 sets of shocks if your riding is going to be that diverse