PDA

View Full Version : crazy kfx post wash issue... ever happen to u?

toke1at420
11-23-2006, 07:58 AM
after washing my kfx yesterday i left it to dry for a few minutes and started it up to put it back in the shed. after i put it in there i went to turn the gas off and noticed that the header was a cherry red color (almost matching my bright orange plastic). I thought there was no way that could be normal and bugged out. took off the head and the pipe to check the gaskets and make sure everything was good there and see if there was any moisture in the pipe and everything was good. any idea what would make that happen?

yellow400ex05
11-23-2006, 08:12 AM
your quad is probably running very lean.. i'm not sure what jet size to go up to or anything but i know it is running very lean if your headpipe is glowing cherry red. All i know is you have to rejet..

yellow400ex05
11-23-2006, 08:15 AM
this lean condition could also occur from putting a modification such as a pipe on it or maybe taking off your aribox lid, causing it to run lean. You signature say you quad is stock but I'm making sure.

bigj250
11-24-2006, 07:48 PM
on the kfx u cant take the air box lid off beacuse then it boggs out then it might just be that u just sot the pipe very hot 2 change colors it happend on my 250ex wen i put my fmf and also 2 my bro and i checked my spark plug 2 see if it was jetted well and it was perfect i think its normal

yellow400ex05
11-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by bigj250
on the kfx u cant take the air box lid off beacuse then it boggs out then it might just be that u just sot the pipe very hot 2 change colors it happend on my 250ex wen i put my fmf and also 2 my bro and i checked my spark plug 2 see if it was jetted well and it was perfect i think its normal

if its cherry red it DEFINATELY not normal. now if it was barely noticable unles it was dark and up close to see it then it might be normal. The z400's are liquid cooled anyway so i doubt having a cherry red head pipe is normal.. i suggest looking at your jetting ASAP{ riding like that would be bad for thew quad and will starve it of fuel.