PDA

View Full Version : Will an adjustable axle work on MX

oynot400
07-30-2001, 12:47 PM
My stock axle is slightly bent, so I want to replace it. One of the guys that I see when I go flat track racing has an adjustable axle that he would sell me. I was wondering if an adjustable axle would hold up for trail riding and mx racing. That or I should just get a +2 axle.
Thanks,

07-30-2001, 01:20 PM
I've had a Dura Blue 2+2 adjustable axle on mine for two years and have had no problems running MX or airing it out at the dunes,HTH

AMJ

07-31-2001, 09:39 AM
MY so called "durabend" has held up all race season and works like a champ,,,definetly get an adjustable one if you trail ride...:D

400exRacerX
07-31-2001, 10:08 AM
my lonestar works great and hasnt bent yet, although i was at jackfrost last weekend and this one guy hit the last double on the intermediate track (which was about 7ft with a 25ft gap) not to big of a jump and snapped his durablue axle like a tooth pick.

07-31-2001, 10:24 AM
Let me guess he just put a brand new durablue on and it snapped...all axle's are prone to break,,,I think the reason for durablue getting a bad wrap is because they've been making axles for a long time and the ones that are snapping at these races are probably 2-5 year old axles,,,lonestar axles haven't been out long enough for people to put em to the test over years and years of racing the same axle race after race....now if the durablues are breaking straight out of the box then yeah I guess there junk,,,

400exRacerX
08-01-2001, 12:17 PM
nope his axle was 4 years old and it snapped, they gave him a bunch of crap about getting a new one though

oynot400
08-01-2001, 08:57 PM
I guess I don't know what to do, I know this axle is a few years old. They way you guys are talking that after 3-5 years of service they my bend or snap. I will have to see how much he wants for it first. He could not remeber the name of it either. I will find out friday night at the race. How much can you get a DuraBlue or Lonestar for? I haven't even tried to price a new one yet.

400exRacerX
08-01-2001, 09:14 PM
the lonestar is 369.95 from nacs racing and the durablue is 369.95 from nacs. although i forgot what site i was at but i seen a brand new eliminater (durablue) for 289.95. when i find the link ill post it. i highly reccomend getting a new one and SAVE THE RECIEPTS!!!!!

400exRacerX
08-01-2001, 09:21 PM
found the link here it is http://www.hy-tech-atv.com/html/Durablue.html they have the durablue eliminater axle for 289.95 the best price i have seen for it. its 80 buks less then nacs. but i definatly like the lonestar better. but if you want the cheepest way (money wise) go with the durablue.