PDA

View Full Version : Automatic clutch on a 4x4

firefighterjosh
11-23-2006, 03:52 AM
I just bought a KQ 700 with the CVT style clutch. Never owned a auto before and wondering if there is any particular way you suppose to break in this style clutch?

I have just rode it. Not beat on it but rode it at all RPMS. I got on it once and got it up to a little over 65 but thats the only time i really got on it.

ZSNOW
11-23-2006, 07:15 AM
i don't think there is a way to break it in our friends kingquad 700 he got one day and we have beat it out on the rocky trails around our area and never had a problem(in the tranny anyway)

250exkid
11-23-2006, 08:14 AM
my advice to you is get somthing with a clutch or just a footshift easy for all around and just better:macho

Blue250X
11-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by 250exkid
my advice to you is get somthing with a clutch or just a footshift easy for all around and just better:macho

Little too late for that, he already bought an auto, which are just as good as semi-auto or manuals.

250exkid
11-24-2006, 05:55 PM
id have to disagree there not as good. when your trying to go mudding and u wanna keep it hi reving in 2nd gear its not going to be in that gear your gonna be bogging through it, its already been proven with polaris automatic. then for farm work like i mostly do, you wanna keep it in 1-2nd gears to hi rev but not go to fast, inless this automatic clutch is different id have to say automatic aint good at all ATLEAST IN MY eyes!:scary:

250exkid
11-24-2006, 08:59 PM
yes actually a 500 rubicon and a 500 rubicon foreman, with push button and full aauto they dont have the snap well the push button does but the auto Just doesnt have the snap and the balls i guess ou can say as a foot shift/manule and no not as good in the mud.. let me explain my self in this one...... now with are quades we have the biggest baddest mudd tires ( olderstyle OUTLAWS NOT radial) and with the quades pipe and stuff but going through stuff past are rack you need as much acceleration as possible in little speed like 1st gear but mostly 2nd gear. you guys must not go mudding like me or you would truly no we float are quades across 5ft 6ft rivers and ponds with are snorkles on em so beleive me i no what im talking about on the auto and none for mudding. :mad:

250exkid
11-24-2006, 09:01 PM
also we get through muck past are racks were nobody can make it and some with the expensive tires but you gotta no who to drive your atv.:scary:

Blue250X
11-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
thats what low gear is for

I think you got him there.

firefighterjosh
11-26-2006, 11:15 AM
YEs maybe witha polaris you will bog out, but with a 700cc engine I don't think it has any trouble. I had in in high gear last night. Diff Locked a=in very nasty muck and I was throwing a roost. My rear tires were under and my front were almost. Nast stuff It wasw that nast think stuff that stains crap and you have to scrubb off

250exkid
12-02-2006, 09:04 AM
who cares any body can thrpgh a roost up polaris junk are like tanks so they suck in the mud and auto matic sucks cuz u cant choose a gear and push button sucks if its an older atv the reponsive goes away and what do you want an elec clutch for in the mud or manule? yeaa :blah:

Blue250X
12-02-2006, 09:33 AM
who cares any body can thrpgh a roost up polaris junk are like tanks so they suck in the mud and auto matic sucks cuz u cant choose a gear and push button sucks if its an older atv the reponsive goes away and what do you want an elec clutch for in the mud or manule? yeaa :blah:

why would you wanna choose just one gear? the benifits of an auto is you can just gun it and it will go 0-top speed right there in a mud pit, dont have to worry about shifting or any of that

250exkid
12-02-2006, 11:06 AM
the reason is because you dont want to go top speed cause you dont no whats there u could drop down 5 ft witch has been down so you keep it in a lower gear and keep it high revved and try to get through. ill have to somhow get some videos on here of us mudding with are honda foreman 450s's :macho

Blue250X
12-02-2006, 12:55 PM
the reason is because you dont want to go top speed cause you dont no whats there u could drop down 5 ft witch has been down so you keep it in a lower gear and keep it high revved and try to get through. ill have to somhow get some videos on here of us mudding with are honda foreman 450s's :macho

Oh, I thought you were talking about 700-800 cc fourwheelers. I agree with you about a 450 foreman, for those manual would definatly help out alot. But on a 700cc kingquad, I think an auto is more than up to the task.

firefighterjosh
12-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I am not exatly sure how the clutch works on my quad but it hasn't let me down. It would have to be some really really like cement mud in order to stop the tires from spinning.

In fact I belive CVT drive system clutch works alot better then a auto clutch that you shift.

Have fun sticky your leg in the goo to put it into a diffrent gear. I prefer to have my legs on the racks

250exkid
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
lol thats what rubber boots are for and possible waiters for when we float out in ponds so are snorkles come in handie:blah: