PDA

View Full Version : Race Tech Gold Valve 4 Rear Shock?

sonorarider
11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
gettin my rear shock serviced next week, the shop recommended a race tech gold valve, does anyone have this in their quad and do you all recommend, basic service is 125usd, with the gold valve installed its 250usd therefore a 125usd difference, is it worth it since i am a recreational rider not a hardcore racer

duke416ex
11-24-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't know if it would be worth it for a rec. rider, I have heard it is a real good set up on race bikes though and that the gold tech valve really improves the performance of the rear shock to very close that of many aftermarket shocks.

sonorarider
11-24-2006, 09:07 AM
i might as well spend the extra 125usd, since banshee are not known on being great handling quads, therefore, any improvement is greatly appreciated besides i spend more on party drinking money on the weekends, might as well invest it on my quad...

juanki
11-24-2006, 11:57 AM
where are you taking the shoks?, i went to palo verde suspension in phx for a service and some repair, it was less than a 100 dls, amd for the extra money, get a steering dampner, for rec riding a stick type will be good, denton racing, pep, are good choices

saludos.

si tienes salida a san carlos avisame.

sonorarider
11-24-2006, 01:23 PM
zr1 suspension in tucson they are a authorized distributor for race tech suspension, but i could call palo verde suspension in phoenix if u would kindly send me the phone number also wondering where i can purchase a rebuildable steering damper ie a denton racing, and yes ill be going to san carlos on december 2nd for a friends bday and of course i am taking my shee with me...by the way my aunt in phoenix lives about 5 miles away from the lonestar racing shop il l make sure and stop by to c what other goodies i can purchase for my shee...

juanki
11-24-2006, 05:18 PM
http://www.paloverdemx.com/

this is their web page.

my b-day is also the 2nd, but i'll be here in obregon.

if you have your aunt in phx, go to denton racing web page or for that matter any other web page, i.e. rocky mountain atv, and contact sombody over there and they cand send the stering dampener to your aunt house. also try the parts for sale in the bottom of the main forum page, migth get a deal on something used and cheaper.

te invito a una isla de puras dunas a 30 mins de obregon (huivulai), al parecer va a haber otro viaje a mediados de dic.

al rayo.

sonorarider
11-29-2006, 09:59 AM
well happy bday we will be in san carlos with some friends, as far as huivulai i concerned i would have to get a permit for my shee since i am no longer in the zona libre, also friends have invited me to dunas near hmo about 1hr 30 minutes and they also have a trip up north to some huge dunes past pto. penasco, the same dunes that carry over from glamis and arizona, i will try and find a denton steering damper for my shee, well once again congratulations...