PDA

View Full Version : Best linkage for stock swinger?

MX450
11-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Im looking for a good linkage setup for a stock 05 swinger, for MX.

Im pretty sure baldwin has one, and i noticed LSR has a new "DC6" lingake on their sight, whats a good setup that eleminates the "bucking" common with the stock setup?

Im looking at getting a new 05 (found a killer deal on one) and Im gonna do an mx build, slightly on a budget (ie, no walsh, ti springs), but i am planning on jb/pep front end, and pep rear shock, just not sure what linkage to get, as i dont want to spend the cash on a swinger just yet, otherwise id get the jb setup.

fandl450r
11-22-2006, 08:23 PM
If you plan on using a PEP rear shock I'd definitely use the BMS (Baldwin) Linkage. Norris also makes his own linkages, I run one on mine.

MX450
11-22-2006, 08:28 PM
norris makes them? well maybe ill give him a call, he fixed my 250r not to long ago, seems like a great guy

how much did his linkage run you? also does norris sell peps and jb?

fandl450r
11-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Sure does. Sells JB a lot, and PEP for the most part. He prefers AXIS and Fox. I think I paid around 150 for my linkage. Trust me he'll give ya a deal. Norris is a great guy.

bradley300
11-22-2006, 09:29 PM
it seems custom axis shocks work best with a stock linkage, gthunder works best with his stock shock re-valve, but he can make any shock work perfect with his link. i havent seen much of what PEP guys are using

Chino886
11-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i havent seen much of what PEP guys are using

Outlaw, Baldwin, JB, and Savior, I think

MX450
11-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Sure does. Sells JB a lot, and PEP for the most part. He prefers AXIS and Fox. I think I paid around 150 for my linkage. Trust me he'll give ya a deal. Norris is a great guy.

Yea, he told me peps are crappy, lol and and hes a die hard axis guy, but he likes the fox shox too. He said peps are glorified works shocks, i dont really know too much about them, but i always wanted to try a set of peps. from what i understand though you cant go wrong with any of them, really just personal preferance.

MX450
11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
Outlaw, Baldwin, JB, and Savior, I think

These are all full rear end setups though, im just looking for the best setup for a stock swinger

fandl450r
11-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by MX450
Yea, he told me peps are crappy, lol and and hes a die hard axis guy, but he likes the fox shox too. He said peps are glorified works shocks, i dont really know too much about them, but i always wanted to try a set of peps. from what i understand though you cant go wrong with any of them, really just personal preferance.

Yea lol Norris has been a die hard Axis guy for as long as I have known him. Well they kinda are, they use the same style valving (check ball and spring) while Axis uses shim style. They are a nice shock don't get me wrong, I ran a set for a week, but went back to Axis. :) I run his linkage with my Axis shock and LOVE it. Defnitely corrected the bucking.

Chino886
11-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Yea lol Norris has been a die hard Axis guy for as long as I have known him. Well they kinda are, they use the same style valving (check ball and spring) while Axis uses shim style. They are a nice shock don't get me wrong, I ran a set for a week, but went back to Axis. :) I run his linkage with my Axis shock and LOVE it. Defnitely corrected the bucking.

Don't flame, but who is Norris?

I have never heard of him

fandl450r
11-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
Don't flame, but who is Norris?

I have never heard of him

Norris is the owner of Quinn Motorsports, just a motor builder, shock servicer, pretty popular in the southern part of the US (FL, GA, AL, SC). I get all my suspension and motor work done through him, very very knowledgeable individual.

Chino886
11-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Norris is the owner of Quinn Motorsports, just a motor builder, shock servicer, pretty popular in the southern part of the US (FL, GA, AL, SC). I get all my suspension and motor work done through him, very very knowledgeable individual.

Thanks!

And thanks for not flaming!

I'm from the Midwest!

eganracing
11-23-2006, 01:38 AM
well i like the elka dual linkage on my 06's stock swinger. i dont know if the linkage will work with other shocks though.

sdxp787
11-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Im looking for a good linkage setup for a stock 05 swinger, for MX.

Im pretty sure baldwin has one, and i noticed LSR has a new "DC6" lingake on their sight, whats a good setup that eleminates the "bucking" common with the stock setup?

Im looking at getting a new 05 (found a killer deal on one) and Im gonna do an mx build, slightly on a budget (ie, no walsh, ti springs), but i am planning on jb/pep front end, and pep rear shock, just not sure what linkage to get, as i dont want to spend the cash on a swinger just yet, otherwise id get the jb setup.
Call Laz at GT Thunder, he'll know what to use and do.

5thgearpinned
11-23-2006, 08:48 AM
how can i get in touch with Norris? looking to get a rear link and a rear axis, cause I already got LT fronts... thanks fellas

fandl450r
11-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by 5thgearpinned
how can i get in touch with Norris? looking to get a rear link and a rear axis, cause I already got LT fronts... thanks fellas

Best way to get ahold of him is by his shop phone. 706-384-4795 Tell him Justin Fandl sent ya.

MX450
11-23-2006, 02:56 PM
does he build peps in house, or will it take a million years like other places? does he build axis in house?

fandl450r
11-23-2006, 10:49 PM
does he build peps in house, or will it take a million years like other places? does he build axis in house?

He services and sells both, does all the valving, rebuilding in house. New though, he will need to order them, so you're at the mercy of the actual dealer PEP or Axis.

MX450
11-24-2006, 06:28 PM
ok, im calling him next week, but one more question, does he rebuild stockers with tripple rate springs ect.. i may have to cut back on the cost a little..

also i noticed on another thread fandl you ran jb std travl arms, how much did they run you and whered ya get em if you dont mind?

rustyATV
11-25-2006, 10:08 PM
ok, im calling him next week,

Leave a message if he doesn't answer. He's a one man show and gets busy, but always calls back.

fandl450r
11-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by rustyATV
Leave a message if he doesn't answer. He's a one man show and gets busy, but always calls back.

Very true, he is the one and only, he does have a little help from a shop hand though.

ok, im calling him next week, but one more question, does he rebuild stockers with tripple rate springs ect.. i may have to cut back on the cost a little..

also i noticed on another thread fandl you ran jb std travl arms, how much did they run you and whered ya get em if you dont mind?

Yes he does, that's actually what my first set up was. Tripel rate stock fronts, and dual rate rear with linkage. I got them from Norris and I want to say they ran me right around 550. He did all my shock work as well. I've been having Norris handle all my shock work and servicing since I met they guy. You will not be disappointed I assure you.

JW450R1
11-26-2006, 05:15 AM
i installed elka with the dual linkage.i have no complaints with this set-up.