PDA

View Full Version : What frame and what motor

86250rbanshee
11-22-2006, 06:01 PM
I have a question, I have access to a 250r frame and some other things, I still have all my sotkc 250r parts suspension wise anyway I took off for my bike, Is there a motor that would bold up realtively easily to like a 250r stock frame, how much is need to make all that kinda stuff work. And what would be a prime 450-520 motor to throw in it?

86250rbanshee
11-23-2006, 10:13 AM
OK since no one will answer me aty all lets try again, using a stock 250r is there any motor that will go in there will little modificatino? Should I steer towards one engine vs another?

LT80
11-23-2006, 04:10 PM
I think I'd try a TRX250R motor. :D :D
I'm told the 250R frames are too short for the tall 4 stroke motors.
:)

jrspawn
11-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Using a stock 250r frame, without Major modification, your bet is going to be the YZ400f, YZ426f, or YZ450f. These engines are not all the exact same bolt dimensions, but do fit into the stock 250r frame. Some modification will be needed and you can go a couple different ways. You can either modify to have the pivot mount for the swing arm utilized which i strongly suggest, or you can go the easier way, moving the engine forward about 1.5 inches and making rear pivot mount brackets for the engine to bolt too. Both ways will require headstay modification, and front/lower mods fab'd which isnt bad to do at all with the right resources. Keep in mind you will need to also mount on oil tank(unless you go wet sump, which, well im not going there....) oil lines, intake/airbox setup, exhaust, and some other little things. Its not bad too do, but i would reccomend someone with expierence to do it.

Justin