PDA

View Full Version : Wont Idle

clutch22
11-22-2006, 05:07 PM
I just got my 265R the other day... i dont know what the jetting is in it, but it wont idle. and can i fix this by just turning the idle knob ,,, or do i have to put a different pilot jet in it.

Kirt13
11-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Did you have a company make your motor?
I had the same problem on my CT 330. I called the guy that built it and he said that they jet it so it doesn't idle. It gives you more bottom end. Call the company and tell them. They will know exactly what jets to use to solve the issue. That's what I did.

clutch22
11-22-2006, 05:38 PM
no... An individual built it.

Kirt13
11-22-2006, 05:59 PM
With out being there and trying different things myself......I would start by changing your pilot jets. As you know these are for the idle. Pilot jets are more responsive to change than main jets, so buy a couple of pilot jets. One size smaller, and two that are the next two sizes bigger. I'm guessing that you need to go up maybe one size. What size pilot do you have now? I know it's kinda a pain to change out the pilot. You have to take the carb off and take it all apart. You could use this time to clean it out if it's not new.

300excrazy98
11-22-2006, 08:27 PM
i would try backing out the idler screw first. then try the air fuel mixture screw. also make sure the carb is really clean and all teh holes are clear

Aceman
11-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by clutch22
I just got my 265R the other day... i dont know what the jetting is in it, but it wont idle. and can i fix this by just turning the idle knob ,,, or do i have to put a different pilot jet in it.

I think it's kind of funny how your asking how to adjust your idle when you clearly know you have an idle adjustment knob. I guess it's easier to have your question answered on here than to turn the knob and see for yourself. Way too much hand-holding IMO, I guess some people can't solve problems on their own? Where's your manual?

peeping TOM
11-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I think it's kind of funny how your asking how to adjust your idle when you clearly know you have an idle adjustment knob. I guess it's easier to have your question answered on here than to turn the knob and see for yourself. Way too much hand-holding IMO, I guess some people can't solve problems on their own? Where's your manual?

well thats help him,,,,,

back to the subject.... why have it idling??? u don;t need to ..

Aceman
11-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by peeping TOM
well thats help him,,,,,

back to the subject.... why have it idling??? u don;t need to ..

He asked how to adjust his idle, not if it should idle or not. I was trying to get him to figure out the problem on his own with a manual. I guess I can't figure out how you telling him he doesn't need it to idle IS helping him? That wasn't his question.....

MyKe2g3
11-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Like the other guy said just go up one jet and buy 1 smaller or 2 bigger if turn the screw doesnt help. And if that doesnt solve then just search cause im sure this has been brought up alot. Also next time tell us what carb you have cause some are diff to tweak than others.

deathman53
11-23-2006, 08:27 AM
I used to think it was a big deal with mine, but 2 years of no idle, you just get used to it.