PDA

View Full Version : lookin 4 sum sponsoship!!!

mxriderona400ex
09-13-2002, 03:13 PM
i live in garland tx and i ride a 400ex.im in the novice class and really would like 2 have a sponsor or atleast a half sponsor:)

plz help a fellow rider out :)i placed 8th last race.that wuz only my second race!!!

Nausty
09-13-2002, 03:43 PM
i placed 3rd in the faster main on my first race so basicly thats out of like 25 people, its pry gonna be pretty hard getting a real sponsorship but you might as well try.

trx400ex
09-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
i placed 3rd in the faster main on my first race so basicly thats out of like 25 people.

were you the only guy tripling all the whoops too.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mxriderona400ex
09-13-2002, 07:33 PM
???i am #43 a red 400ex!!

Nausty
09-13-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex

were you the only guy tripling all the whoops too.....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

why do you always try to start stuff and be a ---

mxriderona400ex
09-13-2002, 08:24 PM
WUT R YA TALKIN ABOUT??

400exBro
09-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Write up a resume and send it to all the dealers around your place and in the Dw atv sport mags and see how many you will get !!!!

if you need help writing one, pm mitymo and he will hook you up, tell him i sent ya!!!
lata
good luck
Bro

mxriderona400ex
09-13-2002, 08:35 PM
thx alot mann :)

bradley300
09-14-2002, 08:02 AM
assuming you race xc, go to www.gnccracing.com and click on "contingencies". lots of coll stuff like free tires and credit for certain shops.

mxriderona400ex
09-14-2002, 09:41 AM
no i dont race xc!!i race mx.

400exBro
09-14-2002, 10:30 AM
no problem, that what this board is here for to help others out!!
Bro

rookiex
09-14-2002, 09:41 PM
My first race I placed 5th out of like 43 people...now I get 1st 2nd,3rd, and this is my first month.....I raced pro class and got 5th...out of 20 riders...I just raced pro last night for the first time:)

Nausty
09-14-2002, 10:50 PM
i was so mad last weekend, I got 3rd in my heat and then 1st in my main until they red flagged it 3 or 4 laps into the race.

09-14-2002, 11:25 PM
my first race i crashed bent my steeringstem got the hoelshot slowed down looked back cuz i thought it was restart and they were all comin but i still got the holeshot haha it was sweet

MX26
09-16-2002, 12:13 AM
I was in your position last year.. Just digging for sponsors, pretty much to just get a little experience.. Something I found that helped me out TONS is ********'s writer Mona DeShong did a write-up article about how to get rider support. CHECK OUT THE ARTICLE (http://********.com/mona/rider-support-2001.htm)

Like I said, it helped me out alot. The thing that I've found, and had many experienced racers tell me is to COMMUNICATE. Don't just send a company your typed resume in an envelope. Pick up the phone, talk to them 1-on-1. This will give the guy some sort of picture in his head of who you are. Besides, after putting in an 8 hour day, who wants to sit down and read resumes of some "ho-dunk" rider out in the middle of BFE?(not naming you that at all, just an example)

But after communication, I would have to say that a clean, straight laced, well thought out resume is really important. Make sure your sentences are clear, answers are direct, and words are truthful. If you need some help writing a resume, check out Dana Creech Racing (http://www.danacreechracing.com) and look at his resume. Sure you won't have all the stuff he does, but it will give you some sort of basic plan. Also, FMF has a pretty good resume.. You don't have to be serious about the sponsorship to check one out, and h#ll I applied for that thing 2 years ago and the guy emailed me the other day for the very 1st time.

I apologize for the length of this post.. Just trying to give some pointers

chavez
09-16-2002, 03:09 PM
racing support and sponsorship are two diffrent things a sposorship pays $$$ or product tires gas so on its for the big dogs of racing a support is usually a % off of product just write a resume do it on the computer because alot of companies now are using computers and you can just email it i cant stress it enough keep it brief the companies get literally 1000s of resumes they don't want alot of bs to the point IMS web sight has a good example of what they want and that is straight from them a company my first year was total s==t but i ended up with alot of support like denton/nacs/troyleedesigns/maier plastic/wisco/axis/smith optics/ceet/profabatv/bo's radical racer/outdoor adventures/ a few more once you have established a relationship with these companies the help gets better