PDA

View Full Version : Hell Yeah!

LTZ400rider
11-22-2006, 12:24 PM
http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1558504&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

its about freakin time!

derekhonda
11-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Hahaha, there are sooo many scholarships for ethnic people only, whats wrong with one for whitie?

11-22-2006, 12:49 PM
"while others say it is racist"

How is that racist and how is a black only scholarship not racist?

gbcap
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
i 100% back and support the scholarship.

that is until race is dropped from EVERY application for any scholarship for ANY event/school/program

there is no reason race should be considered for application to anything. the 'minorities' want themselves to be considered just 'as good' as caucasions but yet they want special privlages, special requirements for application and special clubs and organizations to be involved in.

yet when a caucasion THAT ONLY EVEN REQUIRES YOU TO BE 1/4, comes into the arena it is considered wrong. why is that? can someone explain that to me.

why does the black girl say "there are reasons for that" about minority scholarships? what reasons. give me one. i think our country is to a point that we can drop the whole minority bull ****.

why are blacks called african americans....your not african if your american. unless you hold duel citizenship. so unless you do your either african or american not both. why when i was listening to the radio for the recent polictical debates they kept refering to one canidate as the "black" canidate for govener but they NEVER ONCE mentioned the fact that the other two were white. WHY??????

gbcap
11-22-2006, 01:01 PM
i know there are a good deal of "minorities" on this site so i would like to hear your all side of this link. lets keep this dicussion civil people.

ridered11
11-22-2006, 01:10 PM
i agree with gbcap 100%

it's almost as if we are the underdogs now

parkers30
11-22-2006, 01:48 PM
^^^ same here

While I don't necessarily feel discrimated against, I do feel theree many people who get to places they should not be based on their race or gender merely to improve a statistic or meet a requirment. Not too long ago there was a study floating around about how educational growth had been directed towards females (in elementary and middle schools) for so long that boys, who tend to be more creatively minded were falling behind. All these pushed for one group will eventually come back to bite the nation as a whole in the butt.... we are elevating one group at the detriment of another causing the other groups to become discouraged and less driven.... its BS

LTZ400rider
11-22-2006, 01:54 PM
what pissed me off, the black girl said minoritys have scholarships for a reason.

i dont understand what she means did they actually suffer from something? maybe ur ancestors did but u dont deserve chit. i love how she dont even give her reason.

Doober
11-22-2006, 02:10 PM
i was waiting for this to happen and glad it has...i back it 100 percent because i dont see why if "minorities" have them we cant.

coolguy8769
11-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Doober
i was waiting for this to happen and glad it has...i back it 100 percent because i dont see why if "minorities" have them we cant.

doober you stole my post lol i was typin the SAME thing! but yea its starting to come aparent that the race card can't be pulled anymore and its slowly starting to go public

450r51
11-22-2006, 03:26 PM
just imagine if there was a white entertainment channel (wet)

there is a BET.

its about damn time something like this has happened. im not racist and consider everyone to be americans, as long as they are born in this country, there no different then me.

Pappy
11-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Scholarships, Employement, Advancements etc should be based on performance and qualifications not race.