PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Doesn't Engage, Help I leave for Hatfield Next Week!

Doibugu2
09-13-2002, 01:42 PM
Ok, my clutch does not seem to engage on my 2002 400. We are scheduled to leave next Tuesday for the Hatfield ride, so I really need your help.

Last night while riding my quad I couldn't get any power to the rear wheels. I was just driving along, and all of sudden the clutch just disengaged. I thought I just knocked it out of gear, but when I tried to put it back in gear, it did nothing. I can hear it click when I shift thru the gears, but the clutch doesn't seem to engage. All the bike does is rev up. I have not been able to do a close inspection becuase it was 11 last night.

Give me some ideas of things to check. Could I have burnt up the clutch in 3 months. We don't ride that hard, but could it happen? How likely is it that I broke a gear? What about his sprocket, could I have ripped the teeth?

Any ideas I would appreciate.

Thanks

ryanh250ex
09-13-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
now i can bash the 400's, :) :) , when they want to bash my ride

you alright man? i'm sorry, but where in the world did that come from?

honda400exrider
09-13-2002, 06:12 PM
it wud check the throttle cable just to check if it snapped?? my $.001

Bean
09-13-2002, 06:27 PM
clutch cable dude, the throttle cable dont help u shift

09-13-2002, 08:16 PM
Is it possible that the shift fork could be broke or bent????:confused:

I hope you get it fixed before the ride..:(

330EXman
09-13-2002, 08:45 PM
its not the throttle cable and its not the clutch cable

if it was the clutch cable it would move and if it was the throttle cable it wouldnt rev up

not i would check the shift frk qs rico said and i would also check the pressure plate and basket for damages i know thats not what is wrong but just to make sure while you are in there

also check and the clutch engagment arm the thing where the cable cenncts to at the motor

well later guy dont listen to those guys go honda all the way

mikeboone
09-14-2002, 12:03 PM
Mine did what you are talking about and the clutch lifter pin have broken. This goes through the clutch basket and pulls the plates together when you pull the clutch lever. The end is tapered and can break after time. Take off the side case and you will see it. Be sure you rotate the clutch arm counter clockwise to release the lifter pin from the arm before case comes off. I got one from sericehonda.com fairly cheap in a few days. Good luck!

Doibugu2
09-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Well here is the scoop:

This problem with the clutch is actually on my buddies warrior. I posted another post stating it was a warrior problem. Well I got no responses. So another member PM'd me and told me to switch the info to a Honda so I could get some feedback. Once I created the new post I got some things to check from you guys, which I appreicate.

Well the problem ended up being his reverse lever. It was not fully disengaged so he is all good.

Thanks for the info.

beerock
09-14-2002, 06:32 PM
:huh

Rastus
09-14-2002, 06:40 PM
Thats what I was thinking, But I think I got it...