PDA

View Full Version : Parking break block off?

Jgoad2
11-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Whats is the reason for this? I heard it makes the pads last longer. I just installed new pads about an hour ago, and i would liek to keep them on there as long as possible. If I were to get the block off plate what are the steps for installing it?
Thanks

Jgoad2
11-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Also my Parking break dosent even work.

Trevor
11-22-2006, 12:38 PM
The block off's are 25 cdn and all you do is remove the patking break mech off the back of the caliper and install the block off plate. There is only 2 bolts. I removed the lever on the bars and cable too I suppose you could leave them if you wanted .

parkers30
11-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Jgoad2
Also my Parking break dosent even work.

Because of the nature of the parking brake it has to be continually adjusted as the pads wear

The block off's are $10-15 and bolt in place of current mechanicsm, if your parking brake is already far out of adjustment it most likely will not save any wear, but will remove some unnecessary parts

Kaleigh
11-22-2006, 02:13 PM
for awhile.. i just had the cable off and no block off. but left the original parking brake assembly on the caliper and it was fine for a long time.. parking brake block off looks good and helps dissapate heat a bit.. for the price.. you cant go wrong..

Jgoad2
11-22-2006, 02:14 PM
there is nothing i need to do except unbolt the parking break and then install the plate? no fluid or anyhting will come out?

11-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jgoad2
there is nothing i need to do except unbolt the parking break and then install the plate? no fluid or anyhting will come out?

that is about it...take your cable off too...cleans up the look even more...that was one of the first things i removed after bring the new bike home from the dealership