PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think this Engine is Worth?

300excrazy98
11-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Guys how much do you think my engine is worth?

Its got:

Stock Cylinder Duncan National Port And Polish
Stock Head Milled out by Duncan
CFM Aluminium Exhaust Flange
Hots Rods Crank (long rod)
Yukon HD Gears
Hinson Clutch basket
Hinson Fibers and springs
Baldwin Case Saver
LRD ignition
Boyosen Rad Valve (brand new reeds)
Cometic Gaskets
Cases milled out by duncan for a 340
38mm Keihin PJ Carb
Bills Header
LRD silencer
Brand NEw OEM coil and cap

I thank thats about it...

Stator cover has been polished, all cases are in great condition. over case is black with the circle with the honda letters polished

Puzzled
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Worth is relevant to want. Meaning if someone wants your motor with the impressive laundry list of parts, it is worth more to them than a stock motor. Will you see the money you put into it back out of it? Probably not. You'll need to put a price on it taking into consideration:
what you paid to get the motor to the point it is at
what a new one would be where the purchaser would possibly choose different parts
what a OEM motor costs
what comparable motors are selling for (not asking prices)

I know this doesn't give you a number but asking for a number form a group is a loaded question as if I need one I'd suggest the cost of lunch.:D

300excrazy98
11-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Puzzled
Worth is relevant to want. Meaning if someone wants your motor with the impressive laundry list of parts, it is worth more to them than a stock motor. Will you see the money you put into it back out of it? Probably not. You'll need to put a price on it taking into consideration:
what you paid to get the motor to the point it is at
what a new one would be where the purchaser would possibly choose different parts
what a OEM motor costs
what comparable motors are selling for (not asking prices)

I know this doesn't give you a number but asking for a number form a group is a loaded question as if I need one I'd suggest the cost of lunch.:D

''puzzled'' you just puzzled me lol

basicly what the parts cost were

Stock Cylinder Duncan National Port And Polish- $500
Stock Head Milled out by Duncan -50
CFM Aluminium Exhaust Flange- 60
Hots Rods Crank (long rod)- 250
Yukon HD Gears- 600
Hinson Clutch basket- 200
Hinson Fibers and springs- 80
Baldwin Case Saver- 40
LRD ignition- 250
Boyosen Rad Valve (brand new reeds)- 150
Cometic Gaskets- 60
Cases milled out by duncan for a 340- 90
38mm Keihin PJ Carb- 200
Bills Header- 200
LRD silencer- 120
Brand NEw OEM coil and cap- 75

Thats roughly- $$2925

Which is rediculious.... and thats without the cost of the cases and all the other stock stuff

fireburns99
11-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Well than i'm sorry to say that you'll probably only get $800 out of it. The stock bores just aren't selling all that well anymore. I think i've seen a bigbore 310 for sale for about a month now thats priced at like $1400.

But none the less i wish you the best of luck, it sounds like a nice motor.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Is it a fresh rebuild or a used engine.
If its rebuilt, was it built by a big name shop or in somebodys back yard garage.
If its rebuilt, & by a big name shop & they do quality work, with the parts you have listed, I would say from 800.00 to maybe 1200.00.

We bought a bottom end first of the year with new oem crank, new big gears, Hinson basket, Barnett clutch, fresh rebuilt, for 450.00.
Just like already stated, stock R cylinders even ported dont make the price any higher, a Pro-X cylinder, now thats a different story far as price.
Neil

ChvyCruzen
11-22-2006, 02:59 PM
450 for that bottom end?? :eek: :eek:

I wish I could find something like that!!!

312R1
11-22-2006, 04:03 PM
If your thinking about selling it let me know!!

-Steve

300excrazy98
11-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
If your thinking about selling it let me know!!

-Steve

Who are you directing that comment to?

Oh the engine has a brand new top end. Pro-X 0.030 over bore.

312R1
11-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 300excrazy98
Who are you directing that comment to?

Oh the engine has a brand new top end. Pro-X 0.030 over bore.

You...:p

300excrazy98
11-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
You...:p

How much are you willing to pay? Please let me know ASAP because if i sell this engine im not going to buy this laegers frame i have my eyes on.

312R1
11-22-2006, 11:26 PM
How much are you willing to pay? Please let me know ASAP because if i sell this engine im not going to buy this laegers frame i have my eyes on.

Depends on what you want for it....Tell me what you would like to sell it for and we will go from there.

-Steve

300excrazy98
11-23-2006, 05:48 AM
i dont really want to sell it, but if i get a good offer than, its yours

312R1
11-24-2006, 03:33 PM
i dont really want to sell it, but if i get a good offer than, its yours

Can you post some pic's of it?

-Steve

300excrazy98
11-24-2006, 07:15 PM
i can tomorrow, I will probaly be pulling the engine out of the frame so some good pics are to come from that.... I might have a dirty one of it.

The thing is with the porting. This quad was stolen at one point in time. then recovered. The theif was smart enough to grind the engravings off of the cylinder, as well as the serial #s that duncan engraves on them. However, they were not smart enough to grind the ones in the cases off. I have not been able to locate the serial #s on the cases yet, but i havent really looked. when the jug is off you can clearly see where its says DRI and the date the work was done. On the jug you can see the P a little bit, but you can clearly see where it was ground off.... Its a little sketchy, but its true