PDA

View Full Version : Riding areas around Wake Forest, NC?

quad2xtreme
11-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Wondering if anyone could point out any areas near Wake Forest (either Wake County or Durham County). I am looking for an area that is safe to park and ride...preferably someone who owns property who could grant permission to ride. I am fully willing to help maintain the trails or track.

I've been known to ride on power lines so this isn't out of the question as long as I have legal access to the land next to the power lines.

I want to avoid Federal, DNR, and State land. I trusted someone once who led us onto State land in Maryland. That was not a pleasant experience. I am okay riding on many owners private property if there is a general ok for riding as long as nothing is destroyed and it is a ride at your own risk. I am not into getting chased for riding on private property because the owner has posted no trespassing and means it.

My spouse and I are both very experienced trail riders so if you have a riding group and wouldn't mind 2 more riders, let me know. I can promise you we will not slow you down. She has gone on every "black" trail Hatfield McCoy has to offer on a sport quad. She had no problem at Brushy Mountain either.

/Jon