PDA

View Full Version : Bike problems.....HELP!!!

mustang1
11-22-2006, 07:25 AM
I just bought a Honda 300ex 2001 model. It starts when it wants to. Ha. It's a really well maintained bike, and very very clean, however. There is a problem with it. (Sometimes) it does not want to start. I push the start button and it clicks when pressed in, and clicks again when I let go of the button. It is in Neutral, the headlight is bright....but to no avail, it doesn't want to even turn over. My guess is that its got something to do with the starter, or components of. If anyone has had this problem please let me know what your comments of help are. It would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

Mustang1

11-22-2006, 07:35 AM
somewhat dead battery...there is enough juice there for the lights, but not enough to turn the starter...

mustang1
11-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Do you think that may be it? I did tap on the battery a couple of times and then it started. Hmm....maybe more problem, or do you think that may be it? Because it starts real strong when it does fire!

oldskoolex400
11-22-2006, 08:38 AM
did you check and clean your battery terminals?
it could also be a faulty switch

440exroost1984
11-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Check and clean battery terminals. Check silonoid connections.

bwamos
11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Also check the reverse/neutral switch wire contacts under the sheetmetal plate behind the rear brake pedal. Those often get corroded. If corroded they won't let you turn over the motor, because it thinks you are in reverse.. even when you aren't.

Blue250X
11-22-2006, 01:01 PM
My freinds 400ex did this. We stopped and went to start it again and it just clicked. The problem was (ihni wat this part is called) some little guy covered in a black boot, the wores going to him were messed up, we had to push on those to get it to fire. Just something to try.

red4ever
11-22-2006, 03:12 PM
that happens to my little 250 all the time. its probably just loose where the starter wires connect to the battery terminals. just tighten them with the screwdriver in your tool kit every time you take a break and it should be fine. make sure you check them often (im on my third battery)