PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

JRP
11-22-2006, 07:17 AM
well right now my quad is up in MD at WPP Racing getting worked on. He just told me he is having a hard time jetting it. He cant get it exact. Hes not to sure why, he said he is going to try somet hings but hes unsure. The gas is still in there from my last race(Oct 21st) Like ive ridin it alot, but after i ride i always fill it up. So i dont have a clue what it is. Motor has never been messed with, nor has the carb. Anyone have a clue what it is?

Chino886
11-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Brian should be able to figure it out, he has a dyno to help!

JRP
11-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Brian should be able to figure it out, he has a dyno to help!

oh i know, but i was just seeing if i could help him out any, by the way, that dyno is mad sick. i saw it and i was like :eek: :devil:

ghott
11-22-2006, 02:51 PM
He PM'd me yesterday and said it was making good power, but he wasn't satisfied with the jetting quite yet.

We didn't get my DASA jetting spot on before I left either, I had eatin up most of his day with other dyno runs :).

But..no worries man. Brian will get it done.

JRP
11-22-2006, 03:35 PM
ya i know, i just want to ride soooo bad. He said it will not be ready to pick up tomorrow morining:( He said "As of now the quad wont be ready in the morning. I have talked to my partner who does the porting and have some things to check. I have to recheck the cam timing, then make sure the Hot Cam flange is installed correctly. And the remove the head and check the valve springs. They might be sagging due to the bigger lift of the stg2. (they might be worn out)
I have another set I will install. And check that the valves are seating." So i am really hoping i can pick it up soon, more less him fix it:p I just cant wait! Im thinking he said i could pick it up on sunday, hopefully that will stand true.

JRP
11-23-2006, 07:07 PM
well found out my clutch was slipping, that was causing the drop in the dyno. He replaced it and i should have it back on sunday!:devil:

ghott
11-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Grr....evidently...my clutch is worn also...my graph had a slight "bump" in it....

PM me about your clutch situation please.