PDA

View Full Version : When too rebuild stick stabilizer?

GIXXER1KR
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I have a Gibson 7 way adjustable stick stabilizer and it is getting little too no resistance now after almost a year.It dont leak so does it just need the oil changed or what.Anyone know.It was the only stabilzer for years so someone has to know :confused:

Sjorge450R
11-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
I have a Gibson 7 way adjustable stick stabilizer and it is getting little too no resistance now after almost a year.It dont leak so does it just need the oil changed or what.Anyone know.It was the only stabilzer for years so someone has to know :confused:

just get a rebuild kit from C&D. They are the only ones that give free fluid.

Dupontster
11-22-2006, 06:38 AM
I have one that I just rebuilt and it has little or no resistance....I was told to use fork oil....I went to a dealer and (Me not knowing) he gave me a qt. of Amsoil synthetic fork oil ($11.00)...I used that and later found out that I should be using 10w fork oil and I put 5w fork oil in...I think it is too thin so I am going to change it to 10W cheaper oil (Non Synthetic)....Sound right?

Sjorge450R
11-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
I have one that I just rebuilt and it has little or no resistance....I was told to use fork oil....I went to a dealer and (Me not knowing) he gave me a qt. of Amsoil synthetic fork oil ($11.00)...I used that and later found out that I should be using 10w fork oil and I put 5w fork oil in...I think it is too thin so I am going to change it to 10W cheaper oil (Non Synthetic)....Sound right?

im not sure what I used.Colby sent it in a water bottle....