PDA

View Full Version : Pipes

logan_450R
11-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Which is louder the HMF or the Big Gun Evo?

400eXr1d3rZ
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
HMF. You might wanna delete this thread before you get flamed.

250X_project
11-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah man that's true. You got your answer now quit while your ahead. I'm all for a good deep sounding pipe, but others will tell you that because of people such as your self quads are hated, and banned...I live where no one cares:D

Kaleigh
11-21-2006, 11:21 PM
FLAME ON :devil:

firefighterjosh
11-22-2006, 01:51 AM
My friend had a Big Gun and it was the loudest thing I have ever herd. Not sure what a Evo is not really a big gun fan. But if you are looking for a pipe you can not go wrong with a HMF

250exkid
11-22-2006, 03:08 PM
go with sparks nice deep throaty sound and nice and loude also u can get queit inserts.... id never use them cause i dont go on trails

logan_450R
11-22-2006, 07:22 PM
I dont know about the whole flamming thing but what i do know is I like loud pipes so thats why I asked

firefighterjosh
11-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by logan_450R
I dont know about the whole flamming thing but what i do know is I like loud pipes so thats why I asked

Were do you live in Indiana???

hemp450r
11-22-2006, 07:26 PM
i know i'll get knocked for this, but everyone has the same pipes on their 450's, i bought a DG bullet full system, works great, sounds great, fit was perfect, to each their own i guess?

400eXr1d3rZ
11-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by hemp450r
i know i'll get knocked for this, but everyone has the same pipes on their 450's, i bought a DG bullet full system, works great, sounds great, fit was perfect, to each their own i guess?

It works great until you compare dyno sheets or even ride another quad with a better pipe, not flaming you but just telling you.

logan_450R
11-23-2006, 05:28 PM
I live in the middle of no where so who cares how loud it is

firefighterjosh
11-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by logan_450R
I live in the middle of no where so who cares how loud it is

I jwas just asking man. I have a Banshee with T6s, A 416ex with a HMF and A Cdale with HMF. I don't think I am too worried about loudness. I just wondered if you lived near me.

logan_450R
11-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Where do you live at in indaina?

firefighterjosh
11-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Gezz o petes... Big ole Columbia City!:D

logan_450R
11-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Me too man what is your name and how old are you

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I PMed you......Imagine that people from my area with loud pipes:eek:

wilkin250r
11-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Lots of people complain about loud pipes, both ATVs and dirtbikes, ESPECIALLY the 4-strokes. And it's obviously getting attention, because many tracks, race circuits, and dune areas now come with sound restrictions.

It's just one more reason for people to complain, and more ammunition to close riding areas and put more restrictions on our sport. And unfortunately, it's a reason that officials listen to (pardon the pun). It's difficult to claim that pollution and emmisions are a problem, because it's not that significant compared to cars. But noise pollution IS significant, especially since many riding areas are in backwoods and otherwise quiet and peaceful areas.

And now, people WANT to be loud for no other reason than just to be loud. That's like breaking the window on somebody's car just to break it, not for theft, not for revenge, but just to be an *****.

Now, don't get me wrong, my quad is loud. But it's loud because it gives me the power I want. If I could have the same amount of power and be only 75dB, you bet I would do it in a second.

firefighterjosh
11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Lots of people complain about loud pipes, both ATVs and dirtbikes, ESPECIALLY the 4-strokes. And it's obviously getting attention, because many tracks, race circuits, and dune areas now come with sound restrictions.

It's just one more reason for people to complain, and more ammunition to close riding areas and put more restrictions on our sport. And unfortunately, it's a reason that officials listen to (pardon the pun). It's difficult to claim that pollution and emmisions are a problem, because it's not that significant compared to cars. But noise pollution IS significant, especially since many riding areas are in backwoods and otherwise quiet and peaceful areas.

And now, people WANT to be loud for no other reason than just to be loud. That's like breaking the window on somebody's car just to break it, not for theft, not for revenge, but just to be an *****.

Now, don't get me wrong, my quad is loud. But it's loud because it gives me the power I want. If I could have the same amount of power and be only 75dB, you bet I would do it in a second.

Agree.!

I guess if you are loud don't ride after 10pm down the roads in are area. Otherwise the cops will be there. If your on your own property it is all good. Just the ppl who seem they need to go on 3 hour road rides at 3am ruin it. I have my ute quad. I have a 5 miles drive to my riding area. I came home at 3am the last couple nigths and no problems since my quad is so quite. Most ppl I talk too don't even notice it when I go by.