PDA

View Full Version : Fcr hotstart valve

ct_racer
11-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Hi guy's

I just bought a Crf Fcr 40mm 2004 carb for my 05 trx from one of my friend who was running it on a Zuk z400 and he never used the hotstart at all. He bought it new from service honda a year ago.

I was trying to install my new asv hot start cable but i can't see how to take out this valve, seems to be really tight there. I've try long nose pliers with no success.

Is there a better way to take it out so I can install the cable without broking the little lips on the valve !?

Thanks for your help.

Its the gold one !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/ctracer/PB203578.jpg

Chino886
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ct_racer
Hi guy's

I just bought a Crf Fcr 40mm 2004 carb for my 05 trx from one of my friend who was running it on a Zuk z400 and he never used the hotstart at all. He bought it new from service honda a year ago.

I was trying to install my new asv hot start cable but i can't see how to take out this valve, seems to be really tight there. I've try long nose pliers with no success.

Is there a better way to take it out so I can install the cable without broking the little lips on the valve !?

Thanks for your help.

Its the gold one !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/ctracer/PB203578.jpg

did you try a small flat headed screwdriver?

ct_racer
11-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah i've try with it, but there is no way I can take it out only with this....this valve needs to be slide out, its not a screw type thing.

Chino886
11-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by ct_racer
Yeah i've try with it, but there is no way I can take it out only with this....this valve needs to be slide out, its not a screw type thing.

Maybe a complete tear down is necessary, I don't know, I have never had a FCR with hotstart!

speedfreaksguy
11-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Its real common for the hotstart plunger to seize, especially if it never gets used. Try penetrating oil. If that doesen't work I break the tabs off and center punch the plunger. Drill a small hole in the center, don't drill through it and into the carb. If the drill doesen't break it loose, take a self tapper or sheet metal screw and screw it into the hole until the plunger breaks free. It's a good idea to pull the hotstart out of the carb and clean and lube it regularly.

chad502ex
11-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
Its real common for the hotstart plunger to seize, especially if it never gets used. Try penetrating oil. If that doesen't work I break the tabs off and center punch the plunger. Drill a small hole in the center, don't drill through it and into the carb. If the drill doesen't break it loose, take a self tapper or sheet metal screw and screw it into the hole until the plunger breaks free. It's a good idea to pull the hotstart out of the carb and clean and lube it regularly.

yes, what he said ^^^^^^ you can also blow with high compressed air from the throttle body hot start air passage back towards the plunger.

good luck.