PDA

View Full Version : opinions on what to do next

slipp
11-21-2006, 04:55 PM
i bought a used banshee, i dont know everything it has on it. but ill list a few mods..
i know it has been ported and polished
it has open element air intakes
the crankshaft is hardwelded
t4 pipes, n jetted of course

thats all i really know of, but this thing is fast.. im getting ready to tear it down, im starting to loose a little compression..

other than maybe a cam (unless one is already in) should i bore? what stroke? or should i stroke it? who makes a good stroker kit?

this bike is set up for strickly drag racing at the dunes..

carbs? any advise on these?

do i want higher compression with my 2 stroke? ive always had 4 strokes...

guys, i realy appreciate any info you can give me. i just want to take the opportunity to beef it up a lil bit while i have it torn down

thanks,

bozz
11-21-2006, 05:01 PM
other than maybe a cam (unless one is already in) a banshee with a cam :huh yes yes i would get a cam! i have one i can sell you for that two stroke let me know if you want it :D

bozz
11-21-2006, 05:05 PM
:p ok im sorry dude i could'nt help my self there is no cam or valves in the banshee strocker kits i would check out trinity racing they have been doing it for awile now.

slipp
11-21-2006, 06:54 PM
o i c

im perty clueless on two strokes..

thanks

250r4life
11-22-2006, 12:09 AM
definitely adjust the wheelie sensor- that probably is the most overlooked component when trying to make a banshee faster

firefighterjosh
11-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Contact Jim @ Passion Racing. 918-232-3950 He builds awesome Engines. Under 2k you could have yourself a 80 - 90 HP engine.

Also check out www.bansheehq.com it is a good site

loboboy
11-22-2006, 08:35 AM
If this is used strictly for drag racnig in the dunes here is the combo you want.

4MM stroker crank, 68MM Cub cylinders. no more than 170LB of compression on race gas should net you close to 100HP. 35 or 38MM carbs, Dyna ignition at around 8 degress total timing advance, lightened flywheel, Shearer pipes.

Then add on a lockup clutch, a long swingarm (you will need it) and some big paddles.

If you do all of this I would venture to say you will shart you drawers the first time you ride it once it is tuned in.