PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a need for a car/truck/boat/hot rod/dragster/race car engine?

vpofthedrc
11-21-2006, 02:48 PM
What a drag. I've been sittin' on this race car engine for months. Can't get my new engine until this one is gone. Help a brother out. :D

I know some of you have some cars or trucks that could use a stout 383.

PismoLocal
11-21-2006, 06:03 PM
What in it makes it stout?

Stevie-D
11-21-2006, 06:16 PM
hmmm just so happens i'm in the market for a gm 350 block motor to run in the demo derby cars. ain't got the cash for one now, so i will except it as a donation if you really need to free up the space. makes a nice tax write-off for you too!!:p

lmfao..:blah:

Quad18star
11-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by vpofthedrc
What a drag. I've been sittin' on this race car engine for months. Can't get my new engine until this one is gone. Help a brother out. :D

I know some of you have some cars or trucks that could use a stout 383.

Whats the specs on this engine ? Has it been dynoed ? What's your price . Email me GregLarocque644@hotmail.com or send me a Private Message .

I'm interested . I'm looking to buy either a drag car or a drag truck to run next summer . Let me know ASAP . I have family heading down into the USA mid December .

vpofthedrc
11-21-2006, 07:11 PM
350 block w/ 4 bolt main totally decked, align honed and the works

Scat 4340 lightweight crank w/ new bearings

Eagle H Beam rods w/ ARP bolts

KB pistons w/ new rings

New oil pump

New flat tappet cam

New lifters,pushrods,rocker arms,and
stud girdles

New "Hurricane" aluminum high rise intake

Dart Iron Eagle angle plug heads (200cc)

Every bolt replaced w/new ARP bolt

Includes fuel pump, new timing chain
cover, valve covers, fuel pump, water pump, cloyes timing chain, 2 barrel adapter and Holley 2 barrel carburetor, ATI harmonic balancer and plug wires. Just needs ignigtion, pulleys and starter

vpofthedrc
11-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Stevie, when I was playing around with the Demo cars a few years back, we always looked for the engines out of RVs. They had the nice cam in it for pulling the heavy loads.

tat900
11-22-2006, 07:15 AM
if you are looking for a demo derby motor get a short bus motor they will pull hard stock

underpowered
11-22-2006, 07:59 AM
Stevie, when I was playing around with the Demo cars a few years back, we always looked for the engines out of RVs. They had the nice cam in it for pulling the heavy loads.

yupp, run a motor with an RV cam for the derby. you want something with low end pulling power, not high end HP.

red2004 TRX450R
11-22-2006, 09:11 AM
350 block w/ 4 bolt main totally decked, align honed and the works

Scat 4340 lightweight crank w/ new bearings

Eagle H Beam rods w/ ARP bolts

KB pistons w/ new rings

New oil pump

New flat tappet cam

New lifters,pushrods,rocker arms,and
stud girdles

New "Hurricane" aluminum high rise intake

Dart Iron Eagle angle plug heads (200cc)

Every bolt replaced w/new ARP bolt

Includes fuel pump, new timing chain
cover, valve covers, fuel pump, water pump, cloyes timing chain, 2 barrel adapter and Holley 2 barrel carburetor, ATI harmonic balancer and plug wires. Just needs ignigtion, pulleys and starter

what cam #?
compression?
Was it balanced and blueprinted?

Seeing it has a 2 barrel carburetor i'm guessing it is a circle tack engine. What class and how much time is on it?

vpofthedrc
11-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Red.

It is a 13:1 Compression motor, Internally balanced rotating assembly. I'm not sure on the cam. I will see if I can dig up a cam card on it. I do know that it is NOT a very radical cam. We raced this in a sportsman type car on dirt. The engine had 1 complete season on it, and was rebuilt 3 weeks ago by a professional engine builder. Since then there is ZERO laps on the engine. Everything was magnafluxed to check for cracks and came out fine. Everything is brand new except for block, pistons, cam, rods, crank, head castings and valve springs.

We were originally running it on 2 bbl. gas, but switched to 4 barrel alcohol mid season.