PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

300excrazy98
11-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey guys,

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out today and it sucked. I am in a lot of pain, but the percacets (sp) help a lot. All i can remember from the office was that this nurse was REALLY Hot, she looked in her early 20s. I think i hit on her a couple times, that laughing gas really ''gives you wings'' lol

Who has had theres taken out? and was yours painful? my brother didnt even take andy pain medication when he had his removed.

JRP
11-21-2006, 02:17 PM
haha ya it the gas messes with you a little bit. My sis jus got hers out and she said she liked the gas, hahaha. Were yours impacted or not? My sisters were and they had to cut open her gums and drill and hammer them out. She was in pain for about 4 days, then she was good. I will probably get mine out soon too.

cletusEX
11-21-2006, 02:23 PM
I got mine out a few years ago. They were pretty bad. I kept putting it off for 4 years. All 4 where impacted. They had to hack me up pretty good to get them out (I still have holes on the bottom). The pain wasn't too bad. I had it done on a Fri and by Sunday I was out riding.:p

Scro
11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I had mine out about a month ago. It wasn't as bad as everybody made it out to be. I had them out Friday, and was eating regularly on Monday. The painkillers really did their job, and then some:D

Chin_Chilla
11-21-2006, 03:26 PM
What do you mean by "impacted"?

killerofcrows48
11-21-2006, 03:30 PM
i got mine out in june, totally sucked.

The doctor i had freakin' sucked, so i was in pain for about 2 weeks. I could barely even open my mouth for a week. My pain medication just made me puke like crazy so i couldnt take any of it, and boy was i swollen!

300excrazy98
11-21-2006, 04:27 PM
mine were impacted... and i am just starting to swell up now. This sucks.

Honda#4
11-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Never had mine out and they ain't coming out either, staying right where they r.

ShiftFMX
11-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I had all four of mine done 2 years ago, absolutly the worst thing I have ever been through. It would have been fine except I ended up with 2 dry sockets and I was sick most of the time because I couldnt eat, and then I took my vicodens, which made me puke my brains out. I was in pain for 2 weeks, Missed a full week of school.

ShiftFMX
11-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Dont even remember taking this picture...

All's I remember was...I was stiilll Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhhhhh :scary:

72 chevelle ss
11-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Had my ripped out a few years ago. Wasn't that bad though. They knocked me out, and all I remember from that day is waking up at home.

Wasn't in any pain either. They had me on precocets, and I was taking them constantly.

DieselBoy
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Getting mine out in december :(

TheFontMaster
11-21-2006, 08:05 PM
I had mine pulled out last august. I had 2 that were impacted. When I woke up I was totaly out of it, and it took a couple hours for the gas to wear out. I never needed to take the pain killers. Didn't barley hurt at all. The worst part was that I have a habbit of biting my lip, and when your lip is numb I bit my lip harder than I thought, and ended up getting a good cut in my lip.

Scro
11-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Be sure you keep them cleaned out too. I've heard that if the holes get infected, it's worse than having them taken out in the first place.

firefighterjosh
11-21-2006, 08:17 PM
i still need to get mine out:(

Quadfather
11-21-2006, 08:39 PM
I had all four of mine taken out five years ago. My double hernia surgery was a walk in the park compared to it. I couldn't touch my teeth together for six weeks. I didn't eat for nine days after the surgery. When I did end up eating, all I could do was put mac and cheese in my mouth, suck the cheese off the mac, and spit the mac out.

It was horrible.

derekhonda
11-21-2006, 09:51 PM
was a breeze for me...

JForestZ34
11-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Never had mine out and they ain't coming out either, staying right where they r.

I haven't had mine taken out either, and you know what there not coming out either, they don't bother me at all.

Chin_Chilla

Impacted means that the tooth is still below the gum line and has not broken through the gum. Those hurt the worst just because they have to cut the gum open in order to get to the tooth.

James

MR.BIG
11-22-2006, 07:08 AM
I had all four of mine taken out a couple of years ago and it hurt for about two weeks but my pain meds took care of that:blah:

250rAL
11-22-2006, 07:18 AM
I had all four plus one other molar at once. I was put out by injection. Woke up a half hour later. Just felt tired; could have driven home. The novacaine wore off and there was no pain whatsoever. The only sucky part was having a mouthfull of blood clots and trying not to break them loose.

450ERRRRRR!
11-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Had mine tasking out about 20 years ago with no problems. I was out drinking beer and spitting blood out one side of my mouth.
My brother about died after taking his out. He laied in bed for 10 day moaning and screaming. It freaked me out, I'd open his door and peak inside and it looked like a sceen from the Exorist!
Some people have no problems and some about die with it.:devil:

Quad18star
11-22-2006, 09:13 AM
I had no problems at all ... in fact I was carefully eating and drinking the same day. I think I took maybe 2 T3s the whole time just to help sweliing and reduce the risk of infection . I have a high pain tolerance though !!!

400exchick
11-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Had all 4 removed and a molar at the same time. They had to put me out for it. Sucked.. one of the holes just wouldn't heel and it hurt like hell. Left me with some nerve damage too:grr: Hopefully my jaw operation wont damage my nerves even more:(

2005-400exYA
11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
got mine taken out by an army dentist..lol...all they gave me for pain was 800mg motrin...plus they didnt put me asleep for the actual pulling..i could hear the teeth crack as he pulled them

Scro
11-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 2005-400exYA
got mine taken out by an army dentist..lol...all they gave me for pain was 800mg motrin...plus they didnt put me asleep for the actual pulling..i could hear the teeth crack as he pulled them

I believe if they didn't put me to sleep, I would be asleep if I heard a tooth crack:scary:

hawaiikfx400
11-22-2006, 06:01 PM
had mine out 6mon ago they numbed it then cut the gums drilled a hole in the tooth then split it in fours and yanked them out litterally.all four done at once.the worst part was listening and seeing them jerk the sheet out of my teeth.before they started i told him work fast dock do whatcha gadda doo.he listend cause he was cutin and cracken like ah mad man took little under 30 min teeth were in there pretty good.