PDA

View Full Version : 250 x clutch

jrkarting07
11-21-2006, 11:09 AM
I need a clutch for my 250x ne one have any suggestions on what brand of clutch??? and also im thinking about doing it myslef is it a hard job or not that bad... I know alot bout the quad and what not but never changed a clutch on a quad... Changed one on a beemer bout a month ago so can't be ne harder then that..

4TraxRider
11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Definately not as hard as a car.
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=3012&navTitle=Engine&webCatId=17&webTypeId=38&navType=type
That kit would probably be fine for you. I don't know what year your X is but I think the plates were all the same for all years. That's the link too plates for an 87 though. You can find them for whatever year though on that site easily.

250X_project
11-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I did a post on almost this exact thing...I wanted to see what was the best clutch for this model, and was surprised that 9 out of 10 said OEM Honda clutch fibers are the best....If you wanted to spend big bucks and go for the hub and basket they said Hinson......Also EBC was brought up for fibers just because of the low price off eBay. Might be worth a try though.

I've done wheeler clutches and the one in my truck and a wheeler is definitely easier...my best advise is to pay attention to the spring loaded feature at the bottom for the reverse linkage I believe.