PDA

View Full Version : which bike to buy?

09-12-2002, 10:31 PM
Well guys i am kind of new to quad riding but i have left riding my friends and decided to get my own. I am trying to decide between 400ex (new or used), Z400 (new or used), Raptor (new or used. Which has the most potential for the money?

L.Vegas400
09-13-2002, 10:03 AM
i havent ridden a Z, but i have the other two. coming to a EX site you will get a bias opinion toward the 400. reason being most people here bought them cause they rode all three and the EX was the best for the condision(sp?) they ride. from what i have seen, read and heard, they are all three very compatible quads. i personally bought my 400 without riding anything but a polaris. there have been times when i wished i had bought a raptor, then i see a modded 400 keep up with one and decided i would rather have the lower center of gravity rather than that sky scraper. there are so many after market parts and such for the honda its not even funny. it will take some time for suzuki to catch up. i dont have my quad near where i want it(as far as performance adn handling are conserned). i better quit this is kinda long, in closing i just want to say, ride them all if you can before you make your decision. note: dont fall in love with the raptor just for the power, you can get that from the other two.

09-14-2002, 09:40 PM
i think you should buy hondas new... wait a minuite my bad honda hasnt come out with another high performance quad yet.. what a suprise..

Nausty
09-15-2002, 09:48 PM
if you ride mx is your thing get the 400ex because thats about the best handling quad out right now, if you like play riding, hill climbing and whatnot I say go with raptor since it has reverse. Don't buy 01 raptors either.

bandit390
09-28-2002, 03:21 PM
like you said you self Nausty suzuki copyed the 400ex on the z, so get the z, same handling, faster, has reverse and is liquid cooled. I guess a raptor would do if you ride dunes alot.

lil400exman
10-10-2002, 05:19 AM
stay away from 1st year model quads although a z didnt have many problems its still a good idea now a raptor has so many problems when you buy it you better save a extra 2k for replacement parts.. i would like the raptor for trail riding on the trial you really dont the ex ahndling or suspesion now a cannondale cannibal would be very nice....:devil :macho what ever you get ride hard!:macho :D :devil :huh