PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question!

RipinItUp 400EX
11-21-2006, 08:57 AM
What does everyone think is a better machine overall? 450R or 400EX? I have an 01 400EX and was thinkin of upgrading to my buddies 04 450R that hes sellin. Was that a good year for the 450R? Any help appreciated!!

svahle
11-21-2006, 09:45 AM
I would do a search as there is an abundance of info on this forum regarding this issue.

In my personal opinion, and cost considerations aside, upgrade to the 450r. The 450r obviously has more power and handles as well or better than the 400ex. It is also a newer design with more updated technology. There are readily available upgrades for both machines. The 400ex is generally accepted as being the most reliable sport quad on the market, however, my experience and that of my friends that have 450s is that they are reliable as well.

I have a 416ex that is very nice and well equipped. Nonetheless, I am in the market for a 450r for the above reasons.

If you only do woods riding with tighter (read slower) trails, the 400 will be just as fast assuming equal rider abilities. But, when the trails open up or in other types of riding the 450r will certainly prevail.

Just my $.02. There are many avid 400ex riders on this forum that live and die by the 400. This is for good reason as the 400 is a tried and true machine that rarely lets down its owner. But when power is what you want, without sacraficing handling and only a marginal difference in reliability, the 450r is the quad for you. In short (I know this is a long post) there if very little down side to upgrading to the 450r with the exception of the added expense of doing so.

Others will have more information on good and bad years (if any) for the 450r.

Good luck on the decision. You really can't go wrong either way.

Hondabeefast
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
It pretty much comes down to your personal liking and if you want to spent to money to upgrade to the 450.
personaly i have a 416ex and would upgrade to a 450 if i had a
chance.
search the forums for more info also....