PDA

View Full Version : 400ex swingarm PLEASE HELP!!ASAP

lost boyz
11-21-2006, 06:56 AM
ok i need to pull out my motor i have the 4 wheeler at my local machice shop guy...

we heated up the bolt that goes threw the frame motor swingarm...

the bolt turns from right to left but NOT from side to side....

is there something hoding it in like a clip that i dont see...
why would it move right and left but not side to sode to come out...i dont understand....

so once i have the nut off the one side is there anything else hodong it in or should it just slde out??????

please help asap trying to get done fast...

thanks for any help!

miller821
11-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Its supposed to just slide out, but most of them are seized up:ermm: Most people have to resort to beating on them with a sledge hammer (being careful not to hurt the threads, you may want to use a brass hammer)... Other people just cut them out... All I can say is use a ton of lube, and just keep trying.

bansheemorphine
11-21-2006, 08:18 AM
there is nothing holding it in there other then the nut on the end just stick the nut on so you don't ruin the threads and get a hammer and hit it, it should come out try turning it on the other end while hitting it it should slide right out and when u put it back in i suggest using some anti seize or a bunch of grease

Honda#4
11-21-2006, 08:19 AM
take the nut off and have fun beating it to death. I was one of the lucky ones with my swingarm bolt, a couple of hits and it was out. Spray PB blaster on it for a while that really helps then have someone help you turn on the bolt while you are hitting and moving the swingarm up and down that helps too. Good luck thats about all you can do if you don't want to spend 60 bucks on a new pivot bolt but that ain't a heck of alot.

GYOGI65
11-21-2006, 10:18 AM
I FOUND A TORCH AND NEW BOLT AND BEARING KIT WORK WELL LAST ONE I REMOVED WAS BENT ALMOST PRETZAL SHAPED AND IF DID COME OUT WASNT GOING BACK IN

400exrider113
11-21-2006, 11:24 AM
With mine I ended up cutting the swinger off then cutting the bolt off. So I could pull the motor. Then laid the motor over and beat the bolt out with a sledge, but with mine the bolt wouldn’t move so you have a chance. The way I would go about it is have a friend on the end of air impact and start hitting the bolt with a hammer with the bolt spinning.

4TraxRider
11-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Here's a good thread on how to prevent the bolt seizing next time.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244050

And here's one i found with a few ways to get it out.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165719&highlight=seized

If you do a search in the steering/suspension forum you can probably find a lot of different way's to remove it. I only had a minute though.