PDA

View Full Version : Ice racing in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario

89TRX350RX
11-21-2006, 02:24 AM
It looks like there will be a Semi organized race day here in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. We have a 1/4 to 1/3 mile ( Not sure which) clay oval set up for Cart racing in the summer that gets flooded with 12" of ice. They held a MIRA sanctioned snowmobile enduro on it last year, as well as some not so organized ATV, Motorbike, and Cart racing, all studded as a kindof intermission type show. I ran the old bike, it was fun. Anyway this year (Feb 17th???) I think they are trying to organize a similar race day minus the sleds, but adding in 4 cylinder cars. I'll be posting on the site to let anyone who may be interested in it know. You can also check out www.runwaypark.com as that is where it will be held. Later...

Jamie

shano
11-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Ive been to runway park a few times on there mx track, is it part of the central series cmrc. Never thought about doing flat track oval though...

89TRX350RX
11-25-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't think for this year that it will be part of the CMRC. If we can get guys / gals to come out to race and spectate, and generally show some interest, Runway park may try to hook up with the CMRC, as they do for the MX. Have you checked out what's going to be racing... Motorbikes, Go-Karts, Atv's and I believe it is going to be an unstudded class for 4-Cyl. cars. Should be fun, and very little in setup to race... studs, slam it down a bit, and pin the throttle. We had a demonstration race on two days last winter... ran the lunch hour intermission during the MIRA sled oval races... It was a hoot.

Jamie

89TRX350RX
11-25-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't think for this year that it will be part of the CMRC. If we can get guys / gals to come out to race and spectate, and generally show some interest, Runway park may try to hook up with the CMRC, as they do for the MX. Have you checked out what's going to be racing... Motorbikes, Go-Karts, Atv's and I believe it is going to be an unstudded class for 4-Cyl. cars. Should be fun, and very little in setup to race... studs, slam it down a bit, and pin the throttle. We had a demonstration race on two days last winter... ran the lunch hour intermission during the MIRA sled oval races... It was a hoot.

Jamie

89TRX350RX
11-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Sorry for the double post, but.....

Held a meeting tonight and there will be 2 or 3 classes for ATV's, a couple of classes of Bikes, 1 for sure for Karts and 1 class for 4-cylinder cars... Cars will be studded and must have been tech'd at the local asphalt race tracks or able to meet tech requirements... Would love to see some interest from outside our City...

Jamie