View Full Version : Which rc???

400EX QUADER
11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Ok I know they don't all par up to eachother but if I can get a good deal on one of these rc's, should I get it??? Between the Revo, tmaxx, savage25, mammoth. LST, or the mayhem truck version. I don't think I will be able to afford a LST and prolly not a revo but we'll see. But I just like to screw around on the pavement, some dirt areas and the sand/snow sometimes. I know all of these will work but what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Why does everybody not like the mammoth? I can get a good deal on a mayhem truck version so wouldnt mind hearing more about those. I need to know asap!
thanx

jrspawn
11-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey, what are you looking to spend on an RC. I have a Revo, with a TON of extra parts thats just been sitting around here im gonna sell. I think the revos are one of the bes all around trucks, from racing, and they have also been proved to be the best all around basher. I got the Team Losi Muggy when they came out and raced it for a while(also for sale) and will be switching over to a CRT jammin x1 pro truggy to race next year. They key with all RC's is really learning it before destroying it. From maintenence, adjustments, and repair. Also having extra parts helps, because you Will need them some time or another.

Justin

400EX QUADER
11-21-2006, 12:58 AM
pm me with details...

quads14589
11-21-2006, 04:05 AM
im selling my t-maxx to!

insaneracin2003
11-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
just to let you know

Rc cars are money pits

im glad i sold mine i had a tmaxx,emaxx and evader
Why do you say that? I guess everyone has their opinions. I race my Revo every weekend with little or no breakage.just like a quad,you must do regular maintanence and it would last a very long time.They are just like the parts you buy,you go cheap,you get cheap,thats all.I get a kick out of the people that think rc cars are money pits when they probably have no clue what they are talking about.
back to topic,Revos are great all around and very dependable.The Mammoth i have no clue of.The LST ,nice truck but i wouldn't own a Losi,my choice not from experiance.,Mayhem ST is also a great truck and very tuff.
jrspawn,Jammin CRT's are very nicethat is a great purchase,I run MBX5 Pro-spec buggy.

crazedape
11-21-2006, 02:49 PM
get a buggy. Those things last forever compared to a truck. They are funner and they just take hits harder. I have a T-maxx and easily have $1500 in it. Buddy bought a buggy sametime he has maybe $800 in it. It never breaks, always runs, and it is much funner to play with.

400EX QUADER
11-21-2006, 03:16 PM
thanx for the reply's guys. Keep em coming...:)

CHEVYZ
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Buy one of mine LOL. I have two Savages, a Mammoth, and a Mad Force for sale. :o

1fst400
11-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I have revo sitting on the shelf. Runs good. cupple galons ran throu motor tops. I would be willing to sell it and the parts that I have for it.

It has rpm a-arms, and I have pile of parts that go with it. Sliper clutch parts, trans gears, steering parts, suspention levers.

just needs a body becuase the one on its banged up.

Its the 2.5 motor. 300$ and its yours.

redracing88
11-21-2006, 05:34 PM
yeh i got a revo 3.3 its a freakin p.o.s dont even bother to get one unless your planing on getting into it hardcore cause they suck:mad:

honduh440
11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Rc cars are money pits

this is BS i bought a 350 dollar buggy earlyer this summer and since then i have only paid for fuel and one set of tires that i roasted on the cement on purpose. its all about maintaining the car just like your quad.

400EX QUADER
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
chevyz, pm sent...

400EX QUADER
11-21-2006, 09:00 PM
what about savage 4.6 vs revo vs mayhem??

insaneracin2003
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by 400EX QUADER
what about savage 4.6 vs revo vs mayhem??
depending on what you want to do,backyard bashing,all 3 are great,but,racing in actual club events.the Revo and Savage would run in the monster truck class because they have actual trannies.the Mayhem would run in the truggy class and would not be a competitor in that class because of the short wheelbase and lack of steering and set-ups. it is all depending on what kind of racing/bashing you are interested in.

insaneracin2003
11-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
depending on what you want to do,backyard bashing,all 3 are great,but,racing in actual club events.the Revo and Savage would run in the monster truck class because they have actual trannies.the Mayhem would run in the truggy class and would not be a competitor in that class because of the short wheelbase and lack of steering and set-ups. it is all depending on what kind of racing/bashing you are interested in.
both the Revo and Savage are easily set up and are VERY competitive in the monster truck class.I race weekly and see this situation all the time.

400EX QUADER
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't race... Just want something good at bashing that's pretty fast and I can take in a little snow and sand every once in awhile.

insaneracin2003
11-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by js52589
rofl you run a revo and youre telling someone they dont know what theyre talking about

Run a real setup and you will see that its a very expensive hobby
oh,i am sorry ,i didn't get what you ran.just your mouth.when ever you wanna bring your lil car,I will run ya with my Revo and whoop that arse. oh,and for the record,that is my monster truck class,i also run a Mugen MBX5 Pro-Spec,Mugen MST-1....so bring it lil man!!!
and yes,it is a very expensive hobby,i am not saying it isn't. but if you do proper maintenance and set-ups.it will pay-off in the long run.Happy Turkey Day!!!

insaneracin2003
11-22-2006, 01:21 PM
:rolleyes:
The man asked which rc to get,not "if" he should get one. I gave him my experiences with them and which ones would be best for him. They are not money pits if they are properly maintained. thats all. I am sorry that you think they are money pits.everybody has there own opinion,unfortunatly,so do you.:ermm:

jrspawn
11-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by js52589
rofl you run a revo and youre telling someone they dont know what theyre talking about

Run a real setup and you will see that its a very expensive hobby

You might want to do a little research also. Theres this guy called steve slayden, he does ok with a revo, just ok.

I woudl say in the monster class, the revo IS the best setup to run overall with performance and reliabilty in factor. Although it Might not be as fast as a setup buggy or truggy, it comes down to the driver, before i switched to the truggy class, i could litterally run laps around most of the buggy and some of the truggy class. And laps is what counts(at least it does at out local tracks)

Justin

y3llow400ex
11-22-2006, 03:32 PM
my xxxnt great truck

400EX QUADER
11-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't race... Just want something good at bashing that's pretty fast and I can take in a little snow and sand every once in awhile.

can somebody reply to this please saying which rc I should get for these needs? I guess I needed to make it more clear to what i'll be using the rc for.
thanx

400EX QUADER
11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
wow this thing sure goes to the bottom of the page fast...

jrspawn
11-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Go for the Revo man. Its a great all around truck for anything, they will take the hardest beating you can give them, and they can also hold their own on the track. If your just gonna bash and play around the yard with one you can even keep the optidrive in and keep reverse, a nice feature to have if you dont race. Although i wouldnt recomend any snow for any RC really, getting the servos and receiver wet isnt a good thing to do.

Justin

400EX QUADER
11-22-2006, 09:28 PM
hmmm... Is there someway to cover them from water when I go and play in the snow? Probably not.

insaneracin2003
11-23-2006, 08:04 AM
hmmm... Is there someway to cover them from water when I go and play in the snow? Probably not.
a lil plastic baggie with rubber bands for the receiver and not much you can do about the servos.put some silicone around the open areas and creases. The Revo receiver is mounted in a box but it is not watertight.

zack221
11-23-2006, 11:06 AM
i would say go with a revo 3.3 b/c they are more durable but not as fast as some truggies or buggies

but whatever you do dont get a tmaxx 2.5 they are slow and from what i have heard they break very easy

go to this website and make a name and post this question there but make sure to put what you are gonna use it for this is a great site i stay on there i have learned a lot of stuff from there and yes u can run in snow just seal the servos and receiver box up (if your truck has one)

heres the website www.radiocontrolzone.com