PDA

View Full Version : lrd porting

ESR250R
09-12-2002, 09:57 PM
my cylinder is off to lrd. i thought that it was already fully ported but i got off the phone with them today and they said they can port it for low end and mid range if i want too because it is just mildly ported on the intake. my question is: is it worth the extra $300 to port it for bottom end? i dont wanna put that kinda money into it if it isnt worth it. and does anyone have any complaints about lrd or lrd's work?

airheadedduner
09-12-2002, 11:18 PM
Get all the bottom end and mid you can. When you got a 2 stroke that pulls from bottom to top you will be unstoppable. If you got the cash go for it.

09-12-2002, 11:57 PM
I was debating this same thing on the 4stroke. One of the things that I was thinking was how much more I could understand the cost and power increase if it was a 2stroke, so I say go for it and let us all know what you get and how you like it etc. And no I have not made up my mind on the porting yet.

ESR250R
09-14-2002, 03:37 PM
well its getting full porting for low and mid range, boost ported pro x piston, slick coating, modified stock head to run on pump gas, all new gaskets, and new reeds. gonna cost about $800 when all is said and done. hopefully it'll be a strong runner. how does a 250r ported for bottom-mid compare to a powervalve?

beerock
09-14-2002, 03:45 PM
you canbt compare any 250r powervalve to a low mid or mid high port job, the reason you cant is because the powervalve is pretty much a mid to high port job. more like a drag port job and the reason it has great bottom end is because the exhaust port is changed to give the bottom end you need without sacrificing top end...

oh ya and the top end will only perform the best it can as long as all your bottom end bearings are in decent shape...including the transmission bearings.

and if you really want to go nitty gritty, the chain and axle bearings too....

I noticed you use the ebc brake pads..next set, try out the stock honda pads.

the ebc wore out really fast for me. the hondas last 3-4 times longer.....

airheadedduner
09-14-2002, 03:49 PM
An R ported for low mid with the right pipe pulls really well. My frineds R with a duncan trx6 pipe and low end porting will pull my 295 through the first 3 gears.

ESR250R
09-14-2002, 10:15 PM
my ebc brakes work great. i have had a full year on them and they have hardley any where on them at all. i didnt get the soft pads i got the harder ones that last longer.