PDA

View Full Version : any honda rincon owners

John Pennella
11-20-2006, 09:57 PM
My dad is looking at a new rincon and I justwould like to here from any owners of how it is in the power and reliabilty dep and how the 3 speed electric shift is. Also if the thing moves or if it's just a low power machine. Just in general how it is, if there are any problems with them or if another utility quad from honda is better. Thanks a lot for any help.

465Stroker
11-21-2006, 04:27 AM
I have an 2006 Rincon 680 efi model. I would say it is extrememly reliable and well built. It has plenty of power but is definately not a drag machine against others in the same class. It does not feel slow - It's just not as fast as the others. Great machine.

wolf91
11-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I also have a 2006 680 EFI and I am VERY pleased with it. I am a "Retired" racer and this is my second 4x4 (Honda 450es was first), and this is very reliable and the suspension is great. I've used it to pull a 12 ft. flat bed trailer loaded with wood with no problem. I've also raced a local harescramble with it and gave the race 450's fits in the woods. I'll post pictures, but I've also added a 2006 Honda Foreman 500 handlebar mounted headlight. It looks factory and in fact a Honda Rep was at my local dealer this week and wants pictures of it also for possible 2008 modles.

MarylandATVcom
11-24-2006, 06:13 PM
All the Above!

I own a 680 as well and its a nice all around 4x4.

~Coop

400exc
11-26-2006, 10:03 AM
i dont own one, but i have heard alot of good things about them... i have driven one and they have plenty of power for anyone

ROKKOREX1
01-22-2007, 01:36 AM
CUSTOM EXHAUST TIP FOR HONDA RINCON
EMAIL ME FOR PICS AT ROKKOREX1@YAHOO.COM

downtown_sounds
01-25-2007, 06:59 PM
My dad bought us one 2 months ago and most all has been well. I really like the transmission shifts smooth and nice to have the electric shift also. We have only had 2 problems. The check engine light came on, took it to deal and it was just a plug that came loose. No big deal we went to pick it up and then it would not start. The spark plug fouled out. They told us to get an extra that some of the electric injection fouls the plug out. We went to get 2 extra and they told us they were 20 dollars each. But I highly recommend this bike and wonder if anyone else has had plug problem

MarylandATVcom
01-26-2007, 06:43 PM
EFI does not foul plugs, The plugs will foul if you don't let the machine warm up and ride it cold.

Man you gotta love Dealerships and the Shi@ they make up!~LOL Ive got over 2000 miles on my 680 and the only time the plug fouled was when the knuckle head at the dealership didn't let it warm up! I had to bring it in to replace the peeling camo that they first had problems with. Return your plugs and get a cool Honda Hat. ;)

~Coop