PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Rules

firefighterjosh
11-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I went to the GNCC website and this is all the rule I could find for the Stock Utility Class

"A 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive shaft or chain driven automatic transmission/clutch ATV that comes with racks or rack availability as standard equipment. "

Now there has to be more then this:huh

Can anyone please push me in the right direction. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

I am trying to set my machien up for next year

parkers30
11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
they are looking at the changing the classes for next year, to be a lites and pro, just so you know. Basically a 500 and unlimited class for the current pro's

http://www.gnccracing.com/QuickFill/Images/September21/GNCCATVClasses07.htm

you can look for more definite info after the banquet

firefighterjosh
11-21-2006, 04:19 AM
Think I found what I am looking for

"5. Stock (ATV) - All motor components and rear suspension must remain stock. Aftermarket replacement parts may be used so long as they maintain the same basic design and material of OEM parts, do not improve motor performance, add travel to the suspension, or have a reservoir. Example: must have stock pipe, silencer, carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc.... May change tires (excluding Tire Balls), wheels, throttle assembly, axle, handlebars (excluding handlebars with bushings), grips, skid plates, plastics and seat covers, including those that add traction (but do not change seat height). May add bead locks, nerf bars, foot peg extensions (but not foot pegs), and open or closed-end metal or plastic handguards. May not add larger fuel tanks, quick-fill fuel systems, steering stabilizers, steering stems, automatic clutches, air filter sleeves, front shock reservoirs, or modify or remove front shock reservoirs from machines that come equipped with them. May change front shocks on ATVs that do not come with rebuildable stock front shocks, but may not replace the front shocks on ATVs that do come with rebuildable units stock (like the YFZ450). Only machines that come equipped with front reservoirs stock may run them. Shock valving may not be changed, and suspension springs and/or preload may be changed with original manufacturer parts only of current or previous year’s models.

Stock rule effective 4/03/06: Stock front suspension springs may be replaced by aftermarket front suspension springs on ATV models using a strut-type front suspension."

I take it this is what you can run even in the stock utility class?

Also does this mean I can not change my air filter?

parkers30
11-21-2006, 06:20 AM
yes, that is right and all for the season that just finished, but there is a possibility of a completely different class structure for next year

firefighterjosh
11-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
yes, that is right and all for the season that just finished, but there is a possibility of a completely different class structure for next year

Thanks, I guess I will have to wait till after the banquet before I build my quad then.

jimmy7120
11-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Josh

Do you plan on racing the entire GNCC series next year or just some of them? Are you going to be racing D15?

I will probably come to the first D15 race, but I have been looking at Michigan and Kentucky hare scramble series as well. Good luck getting your quad ready!

firefighterjosh
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jimmy7120
Josh

Do you plan on racing the entire GNCC series next year or just some of them? Are you going to be racing D15?

I will probably come to the first D15 race, but I have been looking at Michigan and Kentucky hare scramble series as well. Good luck getting your quad ready!

I plan on running just 4 GNCC races

RD 6 Hurrican Mills, TN
RD 7 Millfiled, OH
RD 12 St Clairsville, OH
Rd 13 the IRONMAN

I plan on racing almost all the D15 races and maybe all the D15 GP's too. I plan on running a utility quad most of the year. Not really any Utes in the D15 but I gatta get ust to it somehow in a race situation if I plan on running some GNCC's.

Thanks