PDA

View Full Version : old Yamaha moto 4

xerox
11-20-2006, 07:43 PM
well first of all this is my first time to the forum. i have looked around a bit and searched a bit but havn't been able to find to much about it.

The quad was given to me with the worst wire harness cob job you could ever amagin, but also had a 3 wheeler with perfectly identical harness. I swapped it all out and it will pull start and run just fine. everything works with that. However the electric start will not work.

The neutral light does come on and i know that it has the safety switch for that. now there is power going from the battery to the solenoid and the terminal goes to the starter. The two wires hooked to the push button do send power to the solenoid when the button is pushed, but the starter does not get power. When you jump the two terminals with a screw driver it will turn over. Now my problem is that it will not start. And yes it is getting spark when doing this.

does the solenoid send something back to the cdi box or what? Any suggestions would help

thanks

xerox
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
well i looked in to how i had the old one hooked up and figured out how to get the push button to work but still the problem isnt solved. the starter turns over no problem and it gets perfect spark but it wont run.. how come it runs with the pull start but not electric start??

does the cdi box read if its in neutral? and if so will it do this using the pull start?