banshee84
11-20-2006, 06:39 PM
one more...

450Rchaser
11-22-2006, 11:21 AM
i'm nowhere close to CA but i would love 2 hit those hills

Louie
11-24-2006, 10:07 AM
It's an o.k. place to ride if you like 50,000 acres of free riding space with not that much traffic:D . Sping and fall is the best time to go. In the summer it is way to hot and in the winter that mud is a different kind of dirt that is nasty. Get into spanish lake when its low and rip it up. Lots of fun, lots of space, and you hardly ever see a ranger.

banshee84
11-24-2006, 11:48 PM
YEah it was my sixth time there. I took those pics on Sunday. Everything you said is true except they have closed a lot of the areas down

mag-7
11-25-2006, 01:34 AM
How do you get there? Is it close to fresno. Is a legal place to ride?

alex guedea
11-25-2006, 11:49 AM
I've been there many times and taught my kids to ride there. I've rode on bies and quads there. It's true that you can ride all day long not see another group of riders once you hit the trails. Some trails get really rutted out and makes it difficult for 4 wheelers. There are many elevation changes and rocks are everywhere so be sure to have your protectors on.

The facilities are minimal so make sure you carry your food/water. They put in new bathrooms near the entrance about 4-5 years ago and there are fire pits sprinkeled around the campsites.

There's lots of flat area's to ride on once you get to the right spots for quads. Go up the main fire road where it levels off near the top of the ridges. On either 2 or 4 wheelers, the terrain can be quite technical and challenging.

I've rode through snow in the winter and beared heat in the summer. Like banshee said, be sure to take your camera. If you go back far enough on a clear day you can see the Sierra's to the east. You'll see stuff here you usually don't see in other riding areas. Not to be morbid, but I've even seen a memorial grave site there to someone who was buried there who loved the area so much, to all kinds of animals in the early/late day, a small ghost town, to the bluest water you'll ever see. They say the area is an old asbestos mine, and I think there are warnings out there so keep that in mind.

Ride on!