PDA

View Full Version : Heel Gaurd Vs No Heel gaurd

JJs450r
11-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I was running the ac pro peg and there beat pretty bad its time for some new one and i was wonder if i should get heel gaurds or no keep heel gaurds can i get some input on the pro and cons of heel gaurds vs no heel gaurds thanks

wanta450
11-20-2006, 06:13 PM
well gee with hell guards they save your foot and if sized right like ims they dont hold a ton of mud but others do

as for not havinh them well thats your foot if you want the chance of losing it

bluebaron
11-20-2006, 06:13 PM
I ran my old 400ex for years with no heel guard, and i never had a problem. now i got the ACs with the heel guard, it doesn't cuase any problems and its nice to know it's there for a little more protection.

kawabunga
11-20-2006, 06:46 PM
only problems i've experienced with heelguards is that my mx boots hit it with the heel when im really pulling back. other than that they basically gather mud and other crud. I prolly will never buy nerfs with heelguards attached again. just my own preference though.

Architects
11-20-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm running the blingstars and I think it would be pretty difficult to have my feet slip off backwards. The plastics come low enough with boots on you really cant bend your feet to angel it through. Im sure its possible though.

ghott
11-20-2006, 07:00 PM
I prefer heel guards personally.

I'm not the most graceful rider, so I could use all the protection I can get :).

In addition...one of my very good friends was hurt pretty bad on his Banshee. He ran no heel guards, and no nerf bars, just pegs. His foot slipped off the back of the peg, and his rear tire ate it at about 45mph.

He still walks with a limp.

lumi
11-20-2006, 07:17 PM
i ran my banshee for a year without heel huards, i got my foot tipped by the wheel numerous time..... also when i ride people, or they foot always got in the way and would tip the wheel aswell. i like heel guards. butr sometimes no heel huards feels better to the foot and looks better on some quads.

to each his own.

-lumi

11-21-2006, 06:03 AM
i used to hate heel guards...they got in the way for me...i would take them off every bike as soon as i got it home(along with the p-brake)...and i never ran nerfs either...until i bought the 450r...i put on pro armor pro peg nerfs with the heel guards and they don't get in the way at all, and actually keep some of the mud off of the back of my legs...i am not saying i will never ride without them again, because i had no problems before, but if you get the right nerfs with the guard, you won't even notice they are there...

JJs450r
11-21-2006, 07:45 AM
i really dont pull back to much any more i main seat bounce or just hop up so im still not sure :-/

Punk'd
11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Id rather have a ugly quad than lose a foot:)

Its really personal prefrence.

quadwunner
11-23-2006, 01:39 AM
well i got sick of all of my heelguards breaking off. so i stopped running them about a year ago and ive had my foot fall through and get stuck a few times. but i like being able to lean back further than you can with heelguards.

but heelguards are obviously much safer!

JJs450r
11-23-2006, 07:43 AM
i went ahead and ordered the pro armors with gaurds everyone said they have alot of room and shouldnt be in the way