PDA

View Full Version : Houser ball joint replacements - which vehicle

johnsls
11-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I know its on here somewhere but I can't find the thread.

What part# & vehicle work on Houser +2's
I thought I read it was from VW transporter. Anyone know the Part #

tks

MO-EX-RIDER
11-20-2006, 02:21 PM
IMO do not put the vw joint on there...i had a new one and it was super stiff w/ limited travel, so I ordered 4 new ones. I recieved new ones from houser and they are night and day difference from the auto ones....also i think the auto ones are around $20 each and houser is $25 , not a huge difference for the quality

here you go

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94548&highlight=houser+ball+joints

johnsls
11-21-2006, 06:19 AM
Autozone has the ES419R (moog) for $13.95 each, that half the price.
Thanks for posting the older thread.

Anyone use the ES419R ?? curious to see how you like them

gbcap
11-21-2006, 08:41 AM
those ball joints are designed for use on a car. they aren't going to give you the performance of a atv ball joint.

just buck up the money an get the houser ball joints. JMO.

johnsls
11-21-2006, 08:50 AM
IMO,
A recirculating ball and socket is a recirculating ball in socket, it doesn't matter who makes it. They all come from the same manufacturer. Where do you think Houser or LSR get there's from?

gbcap
11-21-2006, 08:55 AM
except they can...they can have more movement and give you more travel. you don't want them binding up on your expensive suspension limiting its moviement.

they aren't all made by the same person. your telling me that every ball joint made comes from the same manufacturer?

bradley300
11-21-2006, 09:06 AM
everyone USED to use the vw ends when they made a-arms, but that was 5 years ago, now there are much higher quality parts out there, and the vw parts just dont cut it anymore

johnsls
11-21-2006, 09:28 AM
^^^^ I agree ^^^^

IMO there are a lot of parts out there that end up having the same specs,, not neccessarily designed for both but when you match them up side by side they are the same.

For $13 each I'm gonna try them. I'll inspect one befor I buy though just to be sure.

johnsls
11-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
except they can...they can have more movement and give you more travel. you don't want them binding up on your expensive suspension limiting its moviement.

they aren't all made by the same person. your telling me that every ball joint made comes from the same manufacturer?

NO, not the same mfg BUT as I already stated you can find parts that have the same specs.

gbcap
11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by johnsls
They all come from the same manufacturer.

Originally posted by johnsls
NO, not the same mfg BUT as I already stated you can find parts that have the same specs.

umm...sounds like you sai they all come from the same place to me.

same minumum specs doesn't mean same overall specs either.

i guess i am beating a dead horse so i will leave it alone.

johnsls
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
:D Your point is well taken.. to each his own