PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb

the*ovenman
11-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I Was cruising around the web and found that Edelebrock has a carb for YFZ's they said the advantage is you dont have to JEt it, because it has somekind of adjustment screws, if I got a curtis sparks Full exhaust K&N and this carb would it be worth it?

johng
11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
on a YFZ, Your stock carb is much better!

yfzmx10
11-23-2006, 07:38 AM
i just put an edlebrock on mine and i love it.

CHEVYZ
11-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Just my opinion....don't get it. I don't know how it performs on the YFZ, but from my experience with one on my EX, I will never use one again. Edelbrocks are good for people who have limited experience with engines and need help with tuning, but performance wise, it is surpassed by many.

H_W
11-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by johng
on a YFZ, Your stock carb is much better!

I agree, you can't get a better carb than the FCR. That's why I have one on my 400ex. It really woke the 400 up. It comes stock on the yfz, so there is no need to change it. That is why the 450r now comes with a FCR.

yfzmx10
11-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Just my opinion....don't get it. I don't know how it performs on the YFZ, but from my experience with one on my EX, I will never use one again. Edelbrocks are good for people who have limited experience with engines and need help with tuning, but performance wise, it is surpassed by many.

i have been riding for years and i don't need help with tuning. the throttle response is alot better on my yfz with the edlebrock.

CHEVYZ
11-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Like I said, just my opinion! I cannot speak for you.

Ride1Rob
11-27-2006, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by yfzmx10
i have been riding for years and i don't need help with tuning. the throttle response is alot better on my yfz with the edlebrock.

Basically I think it's wasted money. Those carbs run over $400 don't they? From what I was told the FCR is the best carb you can get. If you're going to spend that kind of money on a carb you may as well put it somewhere else where you're going to get much more noticeable hp gains like porting, or boring your carb from 39mm to 43mm. Lysinger told me that's 4-5 hp right there when you match the intake with it.