PDA

View Full Version : Stuck starter button

powderider87
11-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Hey all, well i just washed my 400ex yesterday and left it out in my driveway.. well i coulda sworne that i was hearing it start so i went out there and it was just sitting there then all of a sudden it turned over for like 2 seconds then turned off..?? now whenever i turn the key to the on position it just keeps turning over?? i have that whole assembly apart what should i look for?

Jared Coderre
11-20-2006, 12:11 PM
it seems that water has impregnated the switch assembly. I would clean it out thoroughly and dry it w/ a hair dryer if possible then spray it internally with W/D 40.

An interesting fact about W/D 40 is the WD stands for water dispersant and the 40 indicates it was the 40th attempt to get it right

powderider87
11-21-2006, 06:48 AM
haah 40th attempt!! well thanks im going to try that when i get home from school then. i have now until dec. 4th of college off. so i am going riding lots. thanks and any other tips.

firefighterjosh
11-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Go over you wires and make sure nothing has broken and is touchy eachother slightly.

Check the batter area for a loos wire. Possibly dangling over your silonoid.

powderider87
11-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey all, well i found out it was the starter, theres a little deal in there that goes up and down when the button is pushed and it had got stuck up so i got a new soelonoid and now it works good.. thanks though for the replies.