PDA

View Full Version : Any Engineers on here ride 250r's - ? 4 U

250Renvy
11-20-2006, 09:23 AM
How hard do you think it would be to design cases for the CR250 that incorporates a counterbalancer? Would the internals of the CR250 hold up for the extra weight of a quad? Especially gears.

I'm just thinking that once the TRX 250R stuff is all gone there should still be a ton of CR250 stuff available and in mass quantities so if someone could design and sell aftermarket cases specifically for quads whether billet or cast aluminum it would keep it in ready supply.

Or if there was wide variety of quad cases available for example cr500 cases w/ counterbalancer or KTM 300.

atvmxr
11-20-2006, 11:08 AM
anything is possible, but I would think take alot of work (read $$) to design a similiar case. The best plan is to take a good set of cases and make a mold of them. but this would have all sorts of copyright issues, i think.

Creech52
11-20-2006, 12:37 PM
on another note has anyone developed a way to cut down on vibration for the CR/KX500 motors, I know there has been some talk of people machining the flywheels and what not to balance the bike motors. R frame open class bike motor...sounds like 4 poke killer to me.

fireburns99
11-20-2006, 02:20 PM
yea it definitely wouldn't be a cheap process. And i would think that you would run into copyright issues for sure. But like someone said anything is possible. Anyone have access to a C&C machine? Or the ability to make the cast parts?

ChvyCruzen
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I own a CR500 myself and the best thing to do to cut down on vibs is to balance the crankshaft and flywheel - as well as a heavier flywheel.

C-LEIGH RACING
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ChvyCruzen
I own a CR500 myself and the best thing to do to cut down on vibs is to balance the crankshaft and flywheel - as well as a heavier flywheel.

I might have asked you this before, but do you have any extra CR500 parts like cracked cases, cranks, pistons, anything damaged just to get measurements off of.
Thanks Neil

ChvyCruzen
11-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Umm, I think I still have my old piston. It's at 91.50mm bore from Wiseco.

Previous owner never drilled relief holes on the exhaust bridge contact area on skirt. I never ran it that long before replacing piston.

You still interested?