PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Swing-Arms

fireburns99
11-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Is there a place for the stock rear engine mounts to bolt up to a 86-87 style swing-arm made by burgard? I'm having a disagreement with someone who claims that the swingarms made by burgard for the 86-87 are solid all the way across where the swing-arm pivot bolt goes. But it is hard to imagine that an aftermarket company would build a product that would require the fabrication of motor mounts. So i think its an 88-89, because i know they have a solid front mount. Anyone have any experience with the Burgard unit?

C-LEIGH RACING
11-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Your probably right, if its solid across the arm where the bolt goes through its for a 88/89 frame.

Now that arm could be for an aftermarket frame, say like the Ariens where they have welded in lower mounting tabs that bolt on to the bottom of the engine.
Neil

fireburns99
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
I just talked to them and they verified that it is an 88-89. The 86-87 units have the notch for the rear motor mount bracket.

fireburns99
11-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know if the buragard uses the banshee slider, or the stock R slider. I know that it usaes the Banshee chain guide in the rear. I tried to use the stock one, but it didn't seem to fit. Do i have to modify the stock slider somehow? Thansk for the help.