PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast core?

2k2GT
11-20-2006, 07:54 AM
My buddy has a new raptor 350 and he took the spark arrestor/core/whatever is inside the pipe out. It sounds pretty good and it's a lot louder. He is just worried that it will mess his bike up. I dont know so I thought I would ask....

Thanks for any help.

tater_kamik
11-20-2006, 04:25 PM
no it wont hurt anything, but it wont help him either. personally, i would leave it in and get a real exhaust, but thats just me!

2k2GT
11-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Well I told him I didn't think it would hurt anything but I wasn't sure. It does sound a lot better, that is why he wanted to leave it out.

He is looking for a new pipe by the way.

Banshee009
11-20-2006, 08:46 PM
yeah, he's be better off gittin a HMF complete ex. or a yosh complete EX. then tell him to git a jet kit and a k&n filter

bigs gains, he'll have alot more fun and power, and the sound he seems to want too

later

Blue_Streak23
12-02-2006, 04:22 PM
no, i won't hurt anything...

>>i have mine out of my 660, and have been running it for about a year with no problems. It doesn't help performence barely at all, but at least my wheeler doesn't sound like a lawn mower anymore:D ..lol

250r4life
12-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
no it wont hurt anything, but it wont help him either. personally, i would leave it in and get a real exhaust, but thats just me!

now i will have to say that i do not have experience with the raptor 350, but i do have experience with taking the baffle out of the raptor 660, the yfz, and the trx450, and it made considerable gains...

like i said, im not sure with the 350, but i know the 660 gains considerably by taking the baffle out and taking the lid off, and i know with the yfz it is almost as good as putting an HMF slip on on...

Blue_Streak23
12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
..Its more of a mental boost. When u hear that it is louder when u get o the trottle, it makes it "sound" faster, because u think of a modded engine when u hear the louder noise.....

>>if u put it on a dyno, u would barely see a difference..

250r4life
12-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Blue_Streak23
..Its more of a mental boost. When u hear that it is louder when u get o the trottle, it makes it "sound" faster, because u think of a modded engine when u hear the louder noise.....

>>if u put it on a dyno, u would barely see a difference..

i think you would be surprised...

have you done direct comparisons with and without? i doubt it, or else you wouldnt be saying that...

like i said- my experience is with raptor 660s, and both the yfz and trx 450... ive raced them several times with the baffle in, and then removed the baffle and raced several more times...

my good riding buddy has the same bike as me. we are running the exact same set ups, jetting and all, only he has an HMF slip on and i have the baffle out. we are pretty equal riders, only he has 10-15 lbs on me. considering i wear a camel pack and he doesnt, its more like 5-10 lbs on me... and our bikes are dead even. i couldnt tell ya how many times we race eachother either- its easily in the hundreds per dune weekend...

his wife has an 03 raptor 660. his best friend, who went and bought the same bike at the same time, has the exact same set up. we ran them taking out the baffles and leaving them in. i promise you its more than just sound...

whatever... i dont care if you dont beleive me- go buy an exhaust.. i couldnt tell ya how many yfzs i smoked thanksgiving weekend that had full pipes...

im not trying to start anything, but my reason in posting on these sites is to erase misconceptions...