PDA

View Full Version : Poll Low-mid-Top exhaust poll

JJs450r
11-19-2006, 11:05 PM
im looking for a good low-mid-top exhaust today i was going for hole shot when an ltr pulled a little bit on me at top

choices yoshi trc, rossi, dasa, sparks, hmf all full systems stage2 hotcam 180 main jet open air box lid with pro design k & N filter thanks for all input and advice

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 04:28 AM
What year bike is it on?

JJs450r
11-20-2006, 06:08 AM
05 sorry

JJs450r
11-20-2006, 06:10 AM
i know dasa and rossi probably my best bet but i was wondering if i would have too much bottom end with those pipe, yestarday i was pulling for first in a hole shot during our main event and it just seem like it woudlnt go no more and an ltr pulled on me so i was kinda leaning towards the yoshi trc to gain that mid-top back

but i dont know if it even works that way

MAD450r
11-20-2006, 06:18 AM
I have an 04 with hrc cam and standard core sparks pipe. I have yet to loose when playing around dragging. I admit when the traction is low my freinds uncorked ltr is damn close but he weighs 300+ so he can hookup better than me on my R. I weigh about 135 or so in full gear.

I know when we are on hard packed he has no chance at all I leave the line in 2nd spin for about 6-8 feet then quick shift to 3rd and hold it to the limiter before hitting 4th by then usually im 2 or more quads out front.

This summer my freind is building an mx track on his land so I will be running against his fully built predator [5000$ nicolous motor] and a stroked cannondale, as well as the uncorked ltr so it should be fun to see if I can still pull them all as I did all last summer when he just had a big feild wiht a few jumps out there.

Edit I know many say the hc2 is better than the hrc cam but if topend is the issue there is no chance the hc2 will beat the hrc. I prooved it all last summer before my freinds R got stolen and he got his ltr.
The hc2 has a bit more bottomend but once Im above 2000 or so rpm's my cam takes over right to the limiter.

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 06:30 AM
I would say DASA. It has excellent bottom end, but it pulls like no other mid to top. It is not a bottom end biased pipe (like the HMF) at all, but instead will pull for you all the way.

JJs450r
11-20-2006, 06:48 AM
but you get what i mean about me already having enough bottom end right or is there never enough ive only had the quad for about 6 months so im kinda new to the hole exhaust change whats right whats not but ya my finally 3 choices were the rossi dasa and the yoshi

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 06:50 AM
It sounds like your in a need of mid to top. You don't necessarily need to sacrifice bottom end, though.

EDIT: What are you running on it now?

MAD450r
11-20-2006, 08:00 AM
My friends R that got stolen had a yoshi on it. I improved his over stock but still had nothing compared to sparks or im sure dasa or rossier.

Just my .02$

Im sure with your setup the dasa would pull awesome, I personally didn't really like the yoshi myself. again just my opinion.

blackcloud
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
My 05 450 R has a HMF pipe & a HRC kit, HMF takes care of my low end & the HRC cam takes care of my top end.

Phills450r
11-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
It sounds like your in a need of mid to top. You don't necessarily need to sacrifice bottom end, though.

EDIT: What are you running on it now?

hes runnin the duncan fat boy4