PDA

View Full Version : New Lights Lazer Star Ligths

Malachai
11-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever installed the Lazer Star lights on their quad?

I'm wondering because when I took apart my lights I notice it has 3 sets of wire. White, Blue, and green.

I don't know which ones I need to connect or which one is the hot or ground.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Malachai.

Ps I have a 03 400ex

hoodie
11-21-2006, 07:55 PM
hey i have those lights in question on my 05 400ex. i love them, they throw off so much more light than the stock ones do. I dont remember what wires i taped into, but i will check tomorrow and let you know. I also am running my stock lights at the same time with no problems.

Malachai
11-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Thank you for respoonding.....

Really they told me that I should not run both lights at the same time.

Thank you it would be helpful if you let me know about the wires... I'm heading out this weekend to the desert...

--Malachai

hoodie
11-23-2006, 12:35 PM
when i went to look at the wires i really couldnt tell what the two colors were. they just get so dirty, it looks like it is the two outside wires i think that they were the green and blue wires. you could just use a test light to see what wire is what. one will be a high beam and the other will be your low beam.

Malachai
11-24-2006, 12:51 AM
thank you for your help.

I used the blue and green wire... The white one I just left alone with some elec tape.

Thank you for your help.... Can't wait to see how bright the lights are tomorrow night.

Kaleigh
11-24-2006, 02:03 AM
yea.. i think the green is ground.. the white one is for your low or high lights.. so you can hook up both lights and use them one at a time..

hoodie
11-24-2006, 01:52 PM
yeah on my quad i have the spot light hooked up to the low beams and the flood light hooked up to the high beams. they throw off so much more light than stock and i like the fact that they move with the handle bars. i do alot of night rides up to a local quarry near my house so it is a big help.

hoodie
11-25-2006, 04:32 PM
hey Malachai just wondering how the lights work?

Malachai
11-27-2006, 10:11 AM
DUDE!!!! Let me tell you... I thought my weekend was going to suck big time....

Here's what happen. When I arrived in Dumount I took my bike out and tried to started... it keep back firing a lot... I had to buy a new spark plug thought that was the problem...

no.... it keep doing it... So I thought to my self, could it be one of the wires.... that I'm not using...

Well the extra wire (White) that I didn't have connected to anything I decided to connected back to the stock lights... Just the white one...

BAMMMm that fixed my problem...No more back firing at all. I guess the white is some kind of ground or something that needs to be hooked up.

So right now I'm using the blue and green one on the new lights and the white one I left it on the stock lights...

by the way I love the lights they are much brighter then the stock, plus I love the way they move with the bars...

All I need now is more power on my quad... Going up the hill was killing me with the banchees...I think that's how you spell it.

Thank you all for the help onmy little problem.

-Malachai-

hoodie
11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah dont mention it, to bad when i had gotten my lights i did not know about this website. glad you are happy with your purchase.

Malachai
11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes very happy .... Question for you... how can I add more power to my quad... Right now I have the K&N air filter, and e-brother exhaust...

Any tips would be great.