PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Wash?

the*ovenman
11-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Can anyone tell me about mammoth wash or have any pictures from there?
Thanks
Jeff

Dune Surfer
11-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I hear it has more razor backs and holes, smaller area than Glamis. I drove down ted kipp rd all the way down there. Looks kinda kool, more of a locals spot.

the*ovenman
11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Cool thanks! My wifes family is going there for thanksgiving and invited us. It will be my first trip on my brand new YFZ 450. I hope its a blast.

Thanks

Jeff

Dune Surfer
11-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Sweet, your going to love the 450!! airdown to 3lbs and go. Give us a report on mammoth wash Pics?

the*ovenman
11-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Mammoth Wash was a blast. We were there from Wednesday before thanksgiving untill Saturday after and would have stayed till sunday but my Fiancees cousin was in a real bad accident friday night at around ten PM.

I decided I wanted to go race up the hill a couple times and rather than go alone I asked one of my friends and my finacess cousin to go. Well the cousin was impatient and my friend was a little slow so my the cousin left a couple minutes before we did, He said "I will be right back" When my friend was ready we took off I did not really expect to find the cousin because he had been gone for a couple minutes. But the I saw his head lights and thought oh cool hes waigting on us and as I rode up he was laying on the ground behind his DS 650. From what I gathede he rode up the side of a wash on a trail and thought it was cool and wanted to do it again so he rode down, but he missed the trail and drove off a 10-15 ft dirt cliff. His qaud wnt endover end and came to rest on its wheels but when it flipped it landed on him. After getting him back to camp I decided to call 911 and they sent an EMS truck out and they took him to calipatria where he was air lifted to Desert Regional Medcial center in Palm springs.

After checking him out they found he had shttered 50% of his T% vertibrae. So on sunday he had to go thru a 6 hour surgery to put some metal and screws in to fix it. He seems to be ok as of now. Please pray for him and his family.

If it was not for his chest protector he would probably be pralyzed or maybe even dead. Which has convinced me to get one. Also no more night riding for me.

But the place was awesome and my new YFZ rocks. I had a blast.

Thanks guys & girls
Jeff

Grumpy Wookie
11-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Holy shnikies man! That really sucks! I hope he gets through it ok.

I have broken my back three times, in three seperate places, and I still ride. I dont air it out or nothin, but I have fun. I hope that he has the luck that I did and can get back out there again someday.

Tell him he can come out with me and we can bring up the rear. Going too fast on some of that stuff really aggrivates the back! So we can just cruise and then go to camp and drink beer.

We are all thinking about him and praying for him. Glad you liked the 450, they are awesome machines. If your wife needs to take a shower next time, find me, Ill let you guys use my trailer.... that was the whole reason my girlfriend made me buy it! I know your pain.

SAND LUVR
11-29-2006, 04:00 PM
I was at glamis this past weekend. I heard about mamoth wash. They said no one was wearing helmets and double riding even tripple riding. They said if you wanted a good laugh ride out there and check it out. Next glamis trip i will be down there to check it out.

the*ovenman
11-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Its true allot of people were not wearing helmets and were double riding. I never saw anyone triple riding but I guess they could have been. There was some great trail riding along with dunes there. I have some cool pictures when I figure out how to attach them I will share.

SAND LUVR
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I seen pics of tripple riding on another web site. I also was hearing stories from guys who went the day before i showed up at glamis.

the*ovenman
11-30-2006, 06:12 PM
I know these are not dune pics but they are all I took while we were there.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/YFZ4502006/100_0736.jpg http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/YFZ4502006/100_0735.jpg http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/YFZ4502006/100_0746.jpg http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/YFZ4502006/100_0745.jpg http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/YFZ4502006/100_0742.jpg http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/YFZ4502006/100_0737.jpg

SAND LUVR
11-30-2006, 06:17 PM
nice pics but where is that?

the*ovenman
11-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Its out at mammoth wash. If your camped near the dunes and look to the north there is some mountains. There is a trail that leads into the mountains. We followed it and this is the spot where we decided to turn around and go back to camp cause it was getting late. It was about a three hour ride. You have to be careful of the rocks. This was my first experience with a trail ride and I was going around a corner on what I thought was a pretty safe spot but my front left tire hit a rock about the size of a football and kicked it up into my shift lever and bent the crap out of it. So I rode all the way back to camp with a bum shifter and then used a crow bar to pry it away from the case and stepped on it to bend it back into place. It works fine now. Oh yeah and this was the first real ride I took my brand new quad on.

SAND LUVR
11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
very cool to know thanks. Congrats on the new bike. what city are you from?

jesshamner
11-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Can you ride to this place from Glamis or is it separate? It looks pretty cool.

the*ovenman
11-30-2006, 10:41 PM
I live in San diego And yes I think you can ride there from Glamis but it would be long and I dont have the first clue of how to get there.

SAND LUVR
12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
its about 15 miles from glamis. People have rode to it. All you have to do is ride down the canal.

the*ovenman
12-01-2006, 09:30 AM
That makes sense I remember seeing the canal out there but it is a ways away from where we were camping But you can see the dunes from the canal.

the*ovenman
12-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Well George is home from the hospital as of yesterday and he is doing great!

Grumpy Wookie
12-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Good to hear man! Thats awesome

rlplive
12-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by SAND LUVR
I was at glamis this past weekend. I heard about mamoth wash. They said no one was wearing helmets and double riding even tripple riding. They said if you wanted a good laugh ride out there and check it out. Next glamis trip i will be down there to check it out.
Hahaha that is standard practice at Little Sahara OK. There are tools everywhere jumpin and stuff without helmets. People climbin big *** dunes with their girl on back. I won't even ride there at night because of all the drunk dumb ****s.