PDA

View Full Version : numbie needs sum help

outlawchico151
11-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey was up guys, well to start off Ive always had 2 stroke (banshees) and im going this weekend to buy a honda 450r brand new from the dealer, and i dont kno to much about it, my problem is beating my buddys now that all are bikes are raceable it isnt a banshee Vs yzf450 no more all my buddys have are yzfs 450s 1 r450 suzuki and 2 450rs and 1 700r raptor now, LMAO I would love to beat the 700 guessing hes the fasts in the pack, I wouldnt mind putting up some cash, I just need to know what parts to go with..........

CHEVYZ
11-19-2006, 07:40 PM
What year 450r, and what do your friends have done to their bikes?

outlawchico151
11-20-2006, 08:22 AM
im buying it brand new so im guessing 2006 unless the 07s are out, there mostly stock i think a yzf has a pipe

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Whenever you get it, get the HRC kit. The gains from it are crazy both in performcance and just in how the bike runs overall. It adds about 3 bikes in 300 foot over a 450r with full exhaust, an airfilter, and a rev box.... not even a comparison to stock. I have quite a few buddies with lightly modded YFZs and 700 Raptors and none of them can keep up. With just the HRC kit you should be able to handle on all of your buddies if you can ride it......

outlawchico151
11-20-2006, 08:39 AM
were can i buy this kit? and how much would it come out 2? is it all bolt on ?

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 08:43 AM
The dealership should have them, or you can pick one up from most places (including ebay) on the net. They run about $300 dollars. It is not all bolt on, it includes a cam and like componets, but it is easy to install or your dealer can do it and your bike will still be under warranty.

It actually greatly improves how the bike runs. Stock they have a tendency to sometimes stall or have a hard time starting. The HRC kit will eliminate that. ;)

outlawchico151
11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
thats perfect hopefully around 400 installed at the dealer.....yea ima go for it.....Thanks Alot.....1 more thing what is this i hear about kick start vs electric start? is there a performance diff?

ghott
11-20-2006, 07:19 PM
As said above...the HRC Kit is the best bang for the buck on the 2006 and 2007 models. With the HRC Kit, a 06 or 07 R will put out about 43-44hp at the wheels.

Electrice start vs. Kick start, there are no performance difference what so ever, it is simply just a different starting mechanism.

outlawchico151
11-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Yea, ima go with that kit it just poped in to my head (I'm here n class on mysidekick thinkin of this other then my work lol) would the bike need 2 b broken in before I put this part on there? And on the pipe which one should I go for I'm mostly in to long top end racing and but I would also love great pick up for better wheeles and messing around............

MAD450r
11-21-2006, 06:10 AM
I bought my 04 that way and im still on the original piston and rings.

After you pipe and hrc'd R I'd look into suspension to use all your power. I only have my stock shocks rebuilt and they are 100x bettrer than stock. especially the rear. I also widened mine but if you are a woods rider mostly you should be fine at stock widtch with the shock rebuilds.

good luck

CHEVYZ
11-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by outlawchico151
Yea, ima go with that kit it just poped in to my head (I'm here n class on mysidekick thinkin of this other then my work lol) would the bike need 2 b broken in before I put this part on there? And on the pipe which one should I go for I'm mostly in to long top end racing and but I would also love great pick up for better wheeles and messing around............ You can break in your bike with the kit already installed. Just make sure that before you start riding it, let them know that you want it installed. If not, you can always get the kit installed later.

As for a pipe, (just an FYI) you really don't need one with the HRC kit. The HRC exhaust is pretty damn good....sure, an aftermarket system will add a little bit, but it isn't worth the extra money. If you really feel that you must get one, I would suggest DASA. Very strong exhaust system from bottom to top.

For E-start compared to kick, it is really personal opinion. I like both, but given the opportunity I would choose kick. One less thing you have to worry about, and helps a great deal if you ever get into "serious" modding.

outlawchico151
11-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Yea, Im prolly going to get it kick might as well, the suspension isnt really a big factor, speed is my main thing, i do wood riding but not alot to the extent of upgrading the suspension, its the same wood riding i did when i had the banshee and that suspension sucked so the stock 450r suspension should be perfect for me, so the pipe isnt going to make much of a diff so what should i go with? a big bore kit next i seen them go on ebay for around 600 700 bucks

ghott
11-21-2006, 02:36 PM
If you need a cost effective suspension upgrade, GT Thunder will revalve your stock shocks so they suit you perfectly. I've heard nothing but good things about GT Thunder..

MAD450r
11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
On the R suspension will make you faster than any motor work or pipe will do.

I came off a fully elka suspended 416ex when I got my 04 R and I was like this R sucks when I got it. I loved the power but I ccould not ride as fast with all the power I had till I got my derisi rebuilds to fix the rear link. You dont have to redo all the shocks but rear definately needs work from stock form in my opinion.

Either way im sure you'll love your R

CHEVYZ
11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Yea, Im prolly going to get it kick might as well, the suspension isnt really a big factor, speed is my main thing, i do wood riding but not alot to the extent of upgrading the suspension, its the same wood riding i did when i had the banshee and that suspension sucked so the stock 450r suspension should be perfect for me, so the pipe isnt going to make much of a diff so what should i go with? a big bore kit next i seen them go on ebay for around 600 700 bucks You will probably be happy just with the HRC kit. If you do desire more, then a pipe and filter would be my next choice. After you get that flowing, the headwork is where it is at! A good port and polish job (a HC piston would also help to push the numbers) will do wonders.

tooanxiousii
11-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Yea, Im prolly going to get it kick might as well, the suspension isnt really a big factor, speed is my main thing, i do wood riding but not alot to the extent of upgrading the suspension, its the same wood riding i did when i had the banshee and that suspension sucked so the stock 450r suspension should be perfect for me, so the pipe isnt going to make much of a diff so what should i go with? a big bore kit next i seen them go on ebay for around 600 700 bucks

Before I would buy a big bore kit I would look at the Blawin pistons it's 14:1 ... I love it on mine have not been beat yet in a drag race .. The piston runs $250 (STOCK BORED) , $130 for the hot cam stage 2 ,I think the gasket kit was $47 shipped from service honda, Full Yoshi exhaust $600,Dyna Tek CDI from Spark's $350,Carb bored to 43.5mm From Spark's $325, Port and Polished head $300 ,HRC Neddle and jets $25,Boyesen Quickshot $100, 55 leak jet $5and a k&n air filter $35 and your 450r will kick the Sh_t out for your friends Quads bad!!! Total price $2167

Or what you could do is get the HRC kit and just a Blawin 14:1 piston with gaskets for about $600

tooanxiousii
11-21-2006, 05:09 PM
And when you race your friend you will beat them by a large gap

450rJam
11-21-2006, 05:23 PM
my .02

get the 06/07 with hrc kit.
like they said above, If you can ride it you will win.

then if the others start modding to beat you you can always bump comp. full exhaust etc.

you will be happy with the way the R pulls with just hrc.

ghott
11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Baldwin 14:1 stock bore is where its at!!!

It will be my next piston :)

Lets not get to carried away here fellas...lets let him start with the HRC Kit, and then we'll turn him into the power hungry monsters that we are .:devil:

tooanxiousii
11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by ghott
Baldwin 14:1 stock bore is where its at!!!

It will be my next piston :)

Lets not get to carried away here fellas...lets let him start with the HRC Kit, and then we'll turn him into the power hungry monsters that we are .:devil:

I'f this is your first 450r start with the HRC kit!!

It's a sickness ghott that we have .... Your always looking for more ... All my friends say I'm crazy because it's so fast

ghott
11-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by tooanxiousii
I'f this is your first 450r start with the HRC kit!!

It's a sickness ghott that we have .... Your always looking for more ... All my friends say I'm crazy because it's so fast

Lol, "A mind after my own heart." :devil:

outlawchico151
11-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Alright, so the hrc kit with the baldwin 14.4 stock bore, by then ill kill that 700r uh...

outlawchico151
11-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I just noticed i spelled newbie wrong(i feel like a retard!) i guess i was to in to the bike :)

450rJam
11-22-2006, 03:12 PM
you will be able to beat him without the 14:1 piston,
but if you get the piston and the hrc kit your going to be so much
faster that drag racing them wont be fun.

CHEVYZ
11-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Just with the HRC kit, you will not be able to keep up with them. In fact, the only way I could see your bike keeping up with them is if you made is 20% slower. Your bike will dominate with the HRC kit. ;)

tooanxiousii
11-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
you will be able to beat him without the 14:1 piston,
but if you get the piston and the hrc kit your going to be so much
faster that drag racing them wont be fun.

I don't know about you but I love smoking people when I race them..

ghott
11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by tooanxiousii
I don't know about you but I love smoking people when I race them..

I'm really starting to like the way this guy thinks! :devil:

tooanxiousii
11-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by ghott
I'm really starting to like the way this guy thinks! :devil:

See I'm not the only one that thinks like that (you can never be to fast!!! I don't think it's possible) But I'll never stop trying to make it that way!!

outlawchico151
11-25-2006, 09:15 AM
alright well i went to the dealer yesterday, i got it for 7k out the door with electric start and a pretty sick helmet...lmao it should be in by tuesday (black and white) alright the dealers selling the Hrc kit for 350 now i searched the forums for installing it but it needs to be more then a 4 letter word or so something like that it told me....anyone install this kit them selves that can give me some little advice....

tooanxiousii
11-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Do you plan on doing all the motor work yourself???
If you do I would get the OEM service manual..
The hardest thing to install out of the hrc kit would have to be the cam and the it very easy...

outlawchico151
11-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Yea i was planiing on doing all the motor work my self, how hard is it to install from a 1-10 being 10 the hardest? my bike should come with the service manual im getting it brand new

tooanxiousii
11-25-2006, 10:06 AM
They don't come with a service manual only a own's manual...
Installing a cam is about a 4... If you want to call me I could tell you how to do it.. Check your pm's

MAD450r
11-25-2006, 10:53 AM
If you did then you have to have the dealer install the hrc kit or it will void your warrenty just to let you know. I bought mine in 04 with hrc installed already for just about 7k otd.

If you dont have extended warrenty i'd wait 6 months or so to install the hrc.

CHEVYZ
11-26-2006, 09:03 AM
It is very easy to do with just limited experience with engines. The first time I installed the kit I had a problem with getting the timing spot on, but that was it. The only reason I had a problem with that was because we were rushing trying to make it for a big trip the following day, not having started on the bike until that night. I have installed a few thus far between me and my buddies, and it seems that everybody has been quite happy with them. Should be installing another one soon on my 07.